Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 09:53 PM

Re: Talking Pictures

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I reckon our very own Mr LongDogs will taste like chocolate, well, he is right sweet and I bet he's good enough to eat
Ooh I say Mrs.

I'm like a Lion bar, nutty on the outside, a bit chewy but a softy in the middle.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Ooh I say Mrs.

I'm like a Lion bar, nutty on the outside, a bit chewy but a softy in the middle.
Very sweet, very tasty, I'm sure, Londogs.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 08:05 PM

I watched a nice old film today on BBC2 funnily enough - Hue & Cry, 1947. Interesting because I recognised some of the locations.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 07:59 PM

Another fan here. Was interested to see this channel pop up. Some little gems appear on it from time to time.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Another fan here. Was interested to see this channel pop up. Some little gems appear on it from time to time.
Yes Realist, lots of very good Films and acting.
I especially like the 'Human Jungle' series with, Herbert Lom.

Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 09:12 PM

I'm a fan of Talking Pictures channel too Azure.

Originally Posted by Realist ->
True... it was The Ghost and Mrs Muir last night. Love that film.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 04:00 PM

You can get some very interesting films not likely to be shown on main channels. Watched a WWll film, Light up the sky, about a bumbling searchlight unit. Forerunner to Dad's Army, I thought. Benny Hill stars and was a searchlight operator for real landing in Normandy on 1st September 1944.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 04:17 PM

I like that channel, it plays a lot of the old Crime/ Detective Movies that I love.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 10:13 PM

Anyone see The Small World of Sammy Lee on TP yesterday? Apparently it was thought lost until a couple of years ago when an old copy surfaced, underwent a complete renovation and was rereleased. It had a young Anthony Newley (who, I thought, bore a startling resemblance to a young Ronnie O'Sullivan) in a more or less completely serious role. An unremittingly depressing, sleazy and unpleasant story albeit one that was compelling and kept me watching to the end.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top