Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 06:29 PM

Re: 11 Countries Already Queuing For UK Trade Deal

Hi

There is a world of difference between being a realist and being negative.

Both sides lied to us during the Referendum campaign.

Gross exaggeration on both sides.

We will not have a total meltdown of the economy, but it will hurt.

Will we come through it, yes, but not as soon as some of you think.

To me it is a price worth paying, I factored it into my decision on which way to vote.

For the leavers, we never sent £350 million a week to the EU, that was a lie as well as was the promise that we could spend that money on the NHS., cut VAT on fuel and all the rest of the rubbish they spouted.

It is not negativity to point this out, neither is it negative to point out that Trade Deals are very complex things, we haven't done one for years and we have very few people who even know how to do one.

Whilst we will not starve, it is not suddenly going to get better either.

I have every faith that it will get better, but not as soon as people think.

I do not put this down to a lack of faith or commitment by the average person, but down to the stupidity of our Politicians who are behaving like a bunch of yobs at the moment.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You just fell at the last hurdle.
If you're going to dig your heels in during a debate you have to be able to back up your claims ... that stops people like me refuting or questioning you. It shuts me up.

Otherwise, you're just left with your own opinion and there's nothing wrong with an opinion, but that is all it is. Your opinion.
And a pretty slanderous opinion at that.
in your own way you're very narrow-minded .. focusing on one aspect of a man which you believe to be the definitive one and an incorrect one at that.
Morticia
In all honesty the only thing that stops me doing that right now is I don't want you to think of it as a witch hunt on my part
It is pretty definitive to me and very important in the grand scheme of things
I honestly wish he would speak out against racist and xemophobic actions
I'm no admirer of Cameron either but he has condemned this recent spate along with others
What we are witnessing is vile and dangerous

By the way I like you too
You are highly intelligent and are a woman of conviction
But I think that Farage as a politician is not a topic we will fully agree on anytime soon!
I'm always open to change though and
I'm strongly behind the we need to do this together and get it right opinion too
I hope I haven't offend you
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 07:08 PM

Have racist attacks really gone up that much or has reporting it?

Newspapers rely on the public to share stories with their news desk, only choosing those that are of interest or current.

I think they're reporting them more not that there are significantly more attacks.

Racism will always be a problem but not always sell papers.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There is a world of difference between being a realist and being negative.

Both sides lied to us during the Referendum campaign.

Gross exaggeration on both sides.

We will not have a total meltdown of the economy, but it will hurt.

Will we come through it, yes, but not as soon as some of you think.

To me it is a price worth paying, I factored it into my decision on which way to vote.

For the leavers, we never sent £350 million a week to the EU, that was a lie as well as was the promise that we could spend that money on the NHS., cut VAT on fuel and all the rest of the rubbish they spouted.

It is not negativity to point this out, neither is it negative to point out that Trade Deals are very complex things, we haven't done one for years and we have very few people who even know how to do one.

Whilst we will not starve, it is not suddenly going to get better either.

I have every faith that it will get better, but not as soon as people think.

I do not put this down to a lack of faith or commitment by the average person, but down to the stupidity of our Politicians who are behaving like a bunch of yobs at the moment.
Good post. I've avoided contributing to this thread until now, but you have inspired me to.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Morticia
In all honesty the only thing that stops me doing that right now is I don't want you to think of it as a witch hunt on my part
It is pretty definitive to me and very important in the grand scheme of things
I honestly wish he would speak out against racist and xemophobic actions
I'm no admirer of Cameron either but he has condemned this recent spate along with others
What we are witnessing is vile and dangerous

By the way I like you too
You are highly intelligent and are a woman of conviction
But I think that Farage as a politician is not a topic we will fully agree on anytime soon!
I'm always open to change though and
I'm strongly behind the we need to do this together and get it right opinion too
I hope I haven't offend you
Firstly ... you do realise you're now down to criticising him for not speaking out against xenophobic attacks.
Your arsenal is pretty empty isn't it.

Having said that, we'll agree to differ.
You haven't offended me. I don't think you could for two reasons ... 1) everyone is entitled to an opinion. 2) I like you... so hope I haven't offended you either.

And you have to see the funny side of this.
It's got like a game of ....

It could have been worse ... we could have had a staring contest.

orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Have racist attacks really gone up that much or has reporting it?

Newspapers rely on the public to share stories with their news desk, only choosing those that are of interest or current.

I think they're reporting them more not that there are significantly more attacks.

Racism will always be a problem but not always sell papers.
Can't be certain, but I get the impression that anti-European sentiment is being expressed more openly than before the referendum. The attack on the Polish Centre is an example.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

30-06-2016, 07:25 PM

This thread has gone way off topic, but I have to say that I don't disagree with much of what Rhian is saying about Farage. But I'm not interested enough to get into a debate about it!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 07:30 PM

There you go Rhian ...
And I'd just sat down for a breather.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Can't be certain, but I get the impression that anti-European sentiment is being expressed more openly than before the referendum. The attack on the Polish Centre is an example.
I agree it has risen, not disputing that but, I think the less serious(I know all racism is serious)abuse wouldn't be of interest, ordinarily, to newspapers.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

It could have been worse ... we could have had a staring contest.

Oh my life
I wouldn't stand a chance in THAT one

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top