Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 12:08 PM

Re: 7 bird visitors to my snowy garden ETA not Woodcock but Snipe

I identified them as Snipes - I have several photographs of them from my local wildlife reserve.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
I identified them as Snipes - I have several photographs of them from my local wildlife reserve.

Can you post a pic of them,please?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Can you post a pic of them,please?
If it's of any help plenty of photographs of both can be found on the website below:

https://www.birdguides.com/articles/...hoto-id-guide/
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
If it's of any help plenty of photographs of both can be found on the website below:

https://www.birdguides.com/articles/...hoto-id-guide/
.Brilliant!....thanks Baz, I’ll enjoy reading that, so much information about them, they certainly look like the ones in Megs garden,....my friend lives in the sticks, like Meg, oh boy, does she get through bird food!!......never seen so many birds in my life, in a UK garden.....absolute joy to watch.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
.Brilliant!....thanks Baz, I’ll enjoy reading that, so much information about them, they certainly look like the ones in Megs garden,....my friend lives in the sticks, like Meg, oh boy, does she get through bird food!!......never seen so many birds in my life, in a UK garden.....absolute joy to watch.
That's OK, you are welcome. I did try and find a website with the photos for comparison but less text however, that was not to be. Where I live 'out in the rural sticks' I get all kinds of birdlife in the garden, all the usual ones including pheasants and partridge. Also animals by way of rabbits, foxes and muntjac deer. The deer unfortunately are not welcomed in most gardens as they quickly munch through any plants with nice, young shoots. Roses seem to be one of their favourites.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

25-01-2021, 06:26 PM

That’s it Baz,my friend gets all of the above!.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top