Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 10:28 AM

Re: The Dentist

I'm at the dentists on Wednesday....I broke a tooth before Xmas so they did some temporary work for over Xmas which broke by the way so I had to go back....now I have to have a crown and an implant.....I dare not tell you how much its costing....silly money though.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 10:53 AM

My dentist has just phoned to offer me a cancellation slot today, I accepted and am now having my extraction this afternoon instead of the 2nd Feb! I’ll be glad to get it done out of the way.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 11:08 AM

Our dentist is not doing the 6 monthly check up, much to my annoyance. We can only contact them if in pain.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
My dentist has just phoned to offer me a cancellation slot today, I accepted and am now having my extraction this afternoon instead of the 2nd Feb! I’ll be glad to get it done out of the way.

Best of luck Mags.
You're very brave.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Best of luck Mags.
You're very brave.
No I’m not! 🤫 😱
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 02:00 PM

Not seen the dentist for 18 months now due to covid restrictions so expect I'll be waiting a long while for check up ( NHS ) there is a private dental practice in the town advertising a check up.and clean and polish for £50 I think I'll put some cash away to attend and pay for this treatment.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 02:11 PM

I phoned my detnist this morning and explained I was concerned about safety.
She was very kind and told me it goes both ways, the dentist wants to protect himself too.
She said they have very strict instructions and hygiene rules they have to obey, and assured me everything is made as safe as it possibly can be.

I felt a bit better having spoken to her, so I decided to go tomorrow - with a prayer, and fingers and toes tightly crossed.

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 12:01 PM

Well I refuse to be treated like a piece of weapons grade uranium when I visit the dentist, so I'll wait until the covid thing dies down a bit before I'll go...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

13-01-2021, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I phoned my detnist this morning and explained I was concerned about safety.
She was very kind and told me it goes both ways, the dentist wants to protect himself too.
She said they have very strict instructions and hygiene rules they have to obey, and assured me everything is made as safe as it possibly can be.

I felt a bit better having spoken to her, so I decided to go tomorrow - with a prayer, and fingers and toes tightly crossed.

How did you get on at the dentist, Mups?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-01-2021, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
How did you get on at the dentist, Mups?

Fine, thank you Mags.

I was in and out within about 5 minutes. Pity in one way, because he was very handsome.

He seeemed a little surprised when he saw I have never had a tooth out - touch wood.

It wasn't until I escaped, that I realised he never asked me to use any disinfectant mouthwash before or after, like Art said her one did? So I do hope I am safe.

Not back till July now.
Thank you for asking.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top