Join for free
Page 6 of 14 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 11:08 AM

Re: New House New Project

Summer, It looks really lovely, bright, light and airy and so much potential.

Regarding if you’ve made the right decision and taken a lot on, l say YOLO, you only come this way once. You sound really happy and upbeat about this new project, so l think you’ve made the right decision.
I love the shape of the windows too.
The two small arches by the fireplace in the room put me in mind of Twink’s house in her pics. Sure you haven’t bought Twink’s house?

I would have loved to have seen the garden though!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Summer, It looks really lovely, bright, light and airy and so much potential.

Regarding if you’ve made the right decision and taken a lot on, l say YOLO, you only come this way once. You sound really happy and upbeat about this new project, so l think you’ve made the right decision.
I love the shape of the windows too.
The two small arches by the fireplace in the room put me in mind of Twink’s house in her pics. Sure you haven’t bought Twink’s house?

I would have loved to have seen the garden though!
Thanks Arti I will put some pics of the garden up later.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 02:24 PM

Wow have a great time look forward to the in the process photo's
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 02:36 PM

Hi

Summer, seriously not something I would do again, downsized over 2 years ago and still not finished.

You are an amazing lady and very lucky to have Mr Summer.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 08:57 AM

Morning everyone

Just a quick update....moved in just over a week ago so it still feels like camping right now. Chatted to an architect he is drawing up some plans also have had 4 window companies here to give quotes but havent got any yet still waiting to hear....I know we will be shocked at the cost

Planned some fitted bedroom furniture yesterday....ordering that today....organised some trees for removal thats done ...can you believe it cost 3k but they were some 60ft trees and smaller ones....at least some light is getting in through the windows now. Sky man broke a telly when he came to fit sky so sorted that.

So far it seems to be going to plan but everything is so slow for instance the architect needs 4 weeks to draw up plans then its at least 8 weeks for planning permission....why does everything take so long. I've been through this many times before but you forget all the waiting about....oh well we'll get there

The cats have settled a treat....I thought when they saw the sheep over the wall at the back they would think they were monsters but they weren't in the least bit bothered......onwards and upwards
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

31-03-2021, 09:06 AM

Forgot to say more photos later.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 09:10 AM

Your house looks amazing! Beautiful windows too!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
So far it seems to be going to plan but everything is so slow for instance the architect needs 4 weeks to draw up plans then its at least 8 weeks for planning permission....why does everything take so long. I've been through this many times before but you forget all the waiting about....oh well we'll get there
Hi Summer at least you have made a starts and I am sure it will all be worth it when the house is finished.
I don't know why these things take so long.
It took my son 2 years to get his house built thanks to bats living in the loft

Looking forward to seeing more pictures....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 01:06 PM

Looks full of character,summer, can’t wait to see your stamp put on it.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Forgot to say more photos later.
I look forward to that and thank you for the update.

Page 6 of 14 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top