Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 12:49 PM

Done it.

Hi

The laotop is continuing to play up, got confused with looking for a new one, so many available.

Went for the most reliable, Lenovo.

Got an ex display with a year warranty for 320.

Happy with that.

It is supposed to arrive Thursday.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 12:57 PM

Re: Done it.

I've had a Lenovo laptop in the past and also own a Lenovo Netbook. Both have been very reliable. Gave the laptop to one of my daughters.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 01:13 PM

I have good experiences with the Lenovo brand and considering it took over IBM's personal computing division, it has solid backing to its products.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The laotop is continuing to play up, got confused with looking for a new one, so many available.

Went for the most reliable, Lenovo.

Got an ex display with a year warranty for 320.

Happy with that.

It is supposed to arrive Thursday.
Good luck with the new machine Swimmy, and if you return your old laptop to factory settings after downloading any data that you want to keep, it could be of some use to a school for one of the pupils, I donated my old one just a few days ago when the local council put out an appeal.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 02:35 PM

That’s the only brand my company uses Swimmy . Good reliable brand.
Personally I have an iPhone mobile and iPad for my personal use but I’m mostly on my mobile.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 03:01 PM

Good luck with the new one Swimmy, as others have said: Lenovo laptops have a generally very good reputation.

It's probably quicker, easier and less hassle getting a new one than trying to problem-solve beyond the basics on a laptop when it's throwing wobblies.
Barry's idea is a good 'un; I'm sure somebody somewhere with can make good use of the old one and there's plenty of instructions on how to safely secure your data by resetting and then wiping the remaining free space.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 10:17 PM

Good luck with the Lenovo Swim, shouldn't have any problems with that.....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top