Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 06:01 PM

Re: Great time for a break

Awesome!

(Crossing off the months that I shan't be visiting Oz. )
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 08:43 PM

I had that happen to me in the Northern States of the USA ,not a lot of fun TBH
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I would go too but it's being confined on an aeroplane for hours with such a large group of people that puts me off...I'm not sure its worth the risk especially for my hubby who isn't in the best of health.

I would look at it like this at the moment ..if one of us is infected how devastating would that be? Some people just shrug it off don't they but others are not so lucky....for us personally I wouldn't risk it right now.
I agree. I understand that your hubby is not so well. As am I. Not worth the risk. Even the mask is horribly irksome.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I agree. I understand that your hubby is not so well. As am I. Not worth the risk. Even the mask is horribly irksome.
I'm.so sorry you are not so well right now Bes...I hope Max is looking after you
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I'm.so sorry you are not so well right now Bes...I hope Max is looking after you

I am sorry to hear you two have health problems in your family compounded with the Covid risks that have capped your travel plans for now.

Here's an idea...

Since our borders ares still mostly closed fo foreign travel, we have set aside a couple of evenings each month or so to prepare a meal from a place we have visited and watch our travel footage or photo streams that we never seem to have time to enjoy.It's been great fun (aside from the butternut squash ravioli that was heavy as bricks )!

I'm just not sure whether watching all this footage is scratching our wanderlust or making it worse
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 08:05 PM

We had two holidays booked abroad, one this past June and one first week in September but we cancelled them both and put them both forward for next year.
We are going to Northumberland for 5 days on Monday, weather is supposed to be nasty, I so wish we were going abroad but we don'
t want to risk it.

Its entirely up to the individual, I don't judge anyone take a holiday abroad, god knows we all need a good holiday and abroad is where the sun is. If you go, have fun and stay safe.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 08:06 PM

I'm sorry to hear you are unwell too Bes, get well soon, Max needs you well.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 08:52 PM

Kind words from you all. I appreciate that. Another day, another time.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top