Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 11:13 AM

Re: I Had Never Heard Of NC 500...

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Omah, Thanks for the info.
I am surprised you hadn’t heard of NC 500 as l thought you were a ‘man of the world’ and pretty knowledgeable about most stuff.
As I said, I don't do "touring" .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Art, my son and his wife hired a motor home and spent their honeymoon doing this trip. They really enjoyed it. During their journey (in September) they had a couple of days of rain but it didn't stop them from recommending it.
Thanks LT. I am pleased they really enjoyed spending their honeymoon there.
I don’t know when l will eventually get to go there but l am sure of one thing, it won’t be to spend my honeymoon there! I run away from marriage proposals as fast as my legs will take me!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Looks nice.

Will we need our passports?
Probably! With Nicola Sturgeon’s face on the front cover of it!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

01-12-2020, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
We have been on part of it as far as Dornoch. Dornoch was shut.
Longy, When are you going to complete the rest of the journey?
Did you take your dog with you or didn’t you have him then?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

01-12-2020, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
It's currently very unpopular with the locals due to people in camper vans ignoring the covid-19 restrictions. Most of the whingers are probably "white settlers" though.
Ray, l can imagine that but a lot of people in tourist areas, seem to be fiercely protective of their area, these days.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Longy, When are you going to complete the rest of the journey?
Did you take your dog with you or didn’t you have him then?
No, Art, it was BD (before dog).

Would love to go back to the Highlands again, have been five times so far but not been further than Dornoch. Not sure if we will get back up there again, they don't like us Southern jessies up there at the best of times let alone with Covid.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Would love to go back to the Highlands again, have been five times so far but not been further than Dornoch. Not sure if we will get back up there again, they don't like us Southern jessies up there at the best of times let alone with Covid.
Oh I think that's only the Scumbag Nasty Party supporters, LD.
I've found that most civilised Scots are quite welcoming!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh I think that's only the Scumbag Nasty Party supporters, LD.
I've found that most civilised Scots are quite welcoming!
I hope so JBR. I like them and I love Scotland too. Probably my favourite place.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 10:03 AM

Art, Please don't listen to the ones who don't live in Scotland and really have no idea what goes on, they make most of it up as they go.
I live on the top coast, right in the middle of the NC500 and know first hand what's what here. The roads are too narrow for how it's being used now, a lot of it is single track and during the summer months it turns into the Wacky Races, with people driving far too fast and causing accidents, parking where they shouldn't and leaving a hell of a mess behind them. It's go nothing whatsoever to do with the SNP or their supporters. It's the locals who are the ones who are sick of it. This News item is Durness, a quiet wee sleepy hamlet on the north coast, who gets over run every year with people who think they can just come up here and do what they want, park where they want and drive off to the next village they want to stop at and do it all again. The Highlanders, myself included, are welcoming to tourists who respect us and our communities. Ask yourself if you'd like this mess in your back yard, because we certainly don't.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...lands-53713593
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Art, Please don't listen to the ones who don't live in Scotland and really have no idea what goes on, they make most of it up as they go.
I live on the top coast, right in the middle of the NC500 and know first hand what's what here. The roads are too narrow for how it's being used now, a lot of it is single track and during the summer months it turns into the Wacky Races, with people driving far too fast and causing accidents, parking where they shouldn't and leaving a hell of a mess behind them. It's go nothing whatsoever to do with the SNP or their supporters. It's the locals who are the ones who are sick of it. This News item is Durness, a quiet wee sleepy hamlet on the north coast, who gets over run every year with people who think they can just come up here and do what they want, park where they want and drive off to the next village they want to stop at and do it all again. The Highlanders, myself included, are welcoming to tourists who respect us and our communities. Ask yourself if you'd like this mess in your back yard, because we certainly don't.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...lands-53713593
Morons .....

They get everywhere nowadays .....

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top