Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 12:03 PM

Hello Everyone! I'm Ebenezer Scrooge!

Bah Humbug!

Anyone got a nasty, anti Christmas time thought to get out of the way as we enter Christmas Time proper.

My first one is to disciourage all these pop singers
from bringing out masses of new Christmas Songs just to make people feel more Christmassy (and make a lot of extra bucks).

My second is to stop all the road mending closures, where they stop Christmas traffic flow. How about us shoppers, freshly out of lock down?

Then I'd like to discourage all those young revellers, on the South Coast Beaches, who get rounded up, whilst still unable to speak, and stuck in hotels with free meals for weeks, until they sober up. They've often lost all of their papers!

Also, those "working from home" must be stopped from crowding out our leisure facilities, like Golf Courses.

Finally, No gifts for EU Negotiators.

Maybe a shilling if they buy me a goose!

Bah Humbug!

What do you think Jacob?

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 12:39 PM

Re: Hello Everyone! I'm Ebenezer Scrooge!

Scrooge got bad press.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 01:19 PM

Stop this 2-3 month long lead up to Christmas. A couple of weeks is more than enough for one of the greatest anti-climaxes than humans have managed to create yet.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 01:54 PM

I agree with Dextrous63, I'm sick of Christmas before it even arrives. It's supposed to be the Twelve Days of Christmas, NOT the Twelve Weeks.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I agree with Dextrous63, I'm sick of Christmas before it even arrives. It's supposed to be the Twelve Days of Christmas, NOT the Twelve Weeks.
Money talks, Roxy!

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 04:54 PM

I want to grumble about the terrible television repeats which we always get every Christmas but which seem to have started early this year.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I want to grumble about the terrible television repeats which we always get every Christmas but which seem to have started early this year.
Yep. They've also started showing Christmas Specials. Absolutely ridiculous.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 06:05 PM

And Slade will be back on singing 'Wish you a Merry Christmas'.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
The 12 days are supposed to be the 12 days AFTER the 25th.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

09-12-2020, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The 12 days are supposed to be the 12 days AFTER the 25th.
Actually the 11 days AFTER the 25th, with Christmas day being the 1st.

Anyway, I'm going to start preparing for Easter on boxing day and, if my children were still of school age, I'd be preparing for Back to School's (autumn term) on the 27th.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top