Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 12:27 PM

Re: Trump to execute 5 convicted killers

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I don't agree that this is an apt term in this day and age unless you support Nazi german ideology. It is also a way of cloaking what you might not want to say in plain English to take the edge off. Reeks of a fear of rejection and evasiveness. In other words cowardly and a bit desperate.
I see where you're coming from, but not sure that I agree. Would it have been OK had an English translation been used?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 01:53 PM

It's not a common expression unless you want to be associated with the ideology of Nazi Germany. Why do you keep using German in your posts? Do you have an obsession with the Third Reich?
#1 it has been in Germany since long before the Nazis. Less so after the end of WW2 (which was brought about by the ALLIED forces)

In any case a great deal of Yiddish contains German wordage (though mostly Polish.)

#2 yes, I do have an obsession with the so-called Third Reich.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 01:58 PM

I don't agree that this is an apt term in this day and age unless you support Nazi german ideology. It is also a way of cloaking what you might not want to say in plain English to take the edge off. Reeks of a fear of rejection and evasiveness. In other words cowardly and a bit desperate.
He he he!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Trump is just a spoilt brat.He lost the election so he's going to take it out on someone.His thought processes go no deeper than that.

I don’t care these people took life they have forfeited the right to live .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
#1 it has been in Germany since long before the Nazis. Less so after the end of WW2 (which was brought about by the ALLIED forces)

In any case a great deal of Yiddish contains German wordage (though mostly Polish.)

#2 yes, I do have an obsession with the so-called Third Reich.
It's not a Yiddish term. The Nazis used the book as justification for killing those with mental illness. You think Trump should kill all mentally ill people? Do you think all mentally ill people should be allowed to commit suicide or be euthanised?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I don’t care these people took life they have forfeited the right to live .
They have definitely forfeited their rights regarding what should be done with them.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

13-12-2020, 06:39 PM

It's not a Yiddish term. The Nazis used the book as justification for killing those with mental illness. You think Trump should kill all mentally ill people? Do you think all mentally ill people should be allowed to commit suicide or be euthanised?
Yiddish though closer to polish does include many German or Germanic words and phrases. In any case the Nazis did not justify what they did so sorry again, no ceegar!

As for allowing all window lickers to top themselves? Couldn't care less.

Should they be euthanised?

If to prevent real suffering then why should euthanizing be prohibited?

Do I think that The Don should kill all mentally ill people? No. Far too big a task for an elderly gentleman on his own.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 06:50 PM

Yiddish though closer to polish does include many German or Germanic words and phrases.
The german phrases you have used are not however Yiddish.

In any case the Nazis did not justify what they did so sorry again, no ceegar!
they justified it to the population in the form of propaganda. This type of publication influenced the propaganda. They used various philosophies and theories to push through their programmes. So they did in fact justify their practices ideologies through their own distorted communications strategy. How else do you think that so many were persuaded to follow them? Are you going to tell me Nazi propaganda was a figment of our imagination?

As for allowing all window lickers to top themselves? Couldn't care less.

Should they be euthanised?

If to prevent real suffering then why should euthanizing be prohibited?

Do I think that The Don should kill all mentally ill people? No. Far too big a task for an elderly gentleman on his own.
So you believe that the mentally ill should not be allowed to live? You believe they should be euthanised?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

13-12-2020, 08:30 PM

The german phrases you have used are not however Yiddish.

they justified it to the population in the form of propaganda. This type of publication influenced the propaganda. They used various philosophies and theories to push through their programmes. So they did in fact justify their practices ideologies through their own distorted communications strategy. How else do you think that so many were persuaded to follow them? Are you going to tell me Nazi propaganda was a figment of our imagination?

So you believe that the mentally ill should not be allowed to live? You believe they should be euthanised?
At no point did I SAY they were Yiddish, what I DID say is that they were included IN Yiddish to describe conditions and had been for ages. The Nazis used the phrases to focus on their targets.

In any case Nazi propaganda was not a lot worse than American, Japanese, ---- or British.

Do i believe that the mentally ill should not be allowed to live? Do I believe they should be euthanised?

Well I do believe that those unfortunates who do live a life with a very poor quality of life should be candidates for euthanasia as is the case with the Groningen protocol modified to be more inclusive.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger;

Do i believe that the mentally ill should not be allowed to live? Do I believe they should be euthanised?

[B
Well I do believe that those unfortunates who do live a life with a very poor quality of life should be candidates for euthanasia as is the case with the Groningen protocol modified to be more inclusive.[/B]

I am absolutely appalled that you would say such a wicked thing. Clearly, you are an apologist for Nazi doctrine. Shame. Shame. Shame.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top