Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 01:03 PM

How much of your Christmas food have you already eaten?

Have you been really good and not touched any of it or have you dived into a few things like we have?

So far we have had;

A Cadbury's selection box
A box of Fox's Christmas biscuits
2 melted camembert with raspberry coulis
1 pot of brandy pouring cream
1 box of salted caramel florentines
A few glasses of Bailey's.

I always used to wonder why supermarkets sold Christmas food that ran out of date before Christmas. Now I know the answer, It's for people like me that have to buy it twice.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 01:31 PM

Re: How much of your Christmas food have you already eaten?

Two jars of Sainsbury's own Silver Skin onions - love them - can't resist eating them like sweets! 6 x more jars came with yesterday's delivery.

Two mince pies - had to make sure they were OK - my oven is on the fritz so couldn't make my own this year. Ordered them from the local bakery - delicious ... might have to taste another one - just to make sure they haven't gone off overnight!

One large chunk of Wensleydale cheese - direct from the creamery at Hawes - just to make sure it had travelled well.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Two jars of Sainsbury's own Silver Skin onions - love them - can't resist eating them like sweets! 6 x more jars came with yesterday's delivery.

Two mince pies - had to make sure they were OK - my oven is on the fritz so couldn't make my own this year. Ordered them from the local bakery - delicious ... might have to taste another one - just to make sure they haven't gone off overnight!

One large chunk of Wensleydale cheese - direct from the creamery at Hawes - just to make sure it had travelled well.

Oh blimey! I forgot to mention the mince pies ........ 2 boxes
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Have you been really good and not touched any of it or have you dived into a few things like we have?

So far we have had;

I always used to wonder why supermarkets sold Christmas food that ran out of date before Christmas. Now I know the answer, It's for people like me that have to buy it twice.
Hi Billy and Bessie Bunter!
I suppose you could say, you’ve started Christmas in style!

Was the box of Fox’s biscuits, the ones that are only £2.50 in Tescos for the big box? I think Fox’s biscuits have got very sweet but great value for £2.50.

I did make some mince pies the other week and munched them. I also, had a couple of the pickled onions l made for Christmas. They were lovely with extra mature cheddar cheese and cream crackers!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-12-2020, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Hi Billy and Bessie Bunter!
I suppose you could say, you’ve started Christmas in style!

Was the box of Fox’s biscuits, the ones that are only £2.50 in Tescos for the big box? I think Fox’s biscuits have got very sweet but great value for £2.50.

I did make some mince pies the other week and munched them. I also, had a couple of the pickled onions l made for Christmas. They were lovely with extra mature cheddar cheese and cream crackers!
I was disappointed with the Foxes biscuits if I'm honest, so I'm glad we polished them off before Christmas.

I think they are a bit of a con now. In the old days, , you would get four or five biscuits stacked up in each compartment but now they pack it out with the plastic tray and place one or two on top. There was more plastic than biscuits.

Yours. Bunter.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 03:25 PM

So far we have had;

I always used to wonder why supermarkets sold Christmas food that ran out of date before Christmas anyway. Now I know the answer, It's for people like me that have to buy it twice.
OGF is not going to be very happy when he sees that you've eaten a box of his biscuits!

No Christmas food in the house here, so nothing eaten in advance of the day. I am hoping to be out for Christmas, coronavirus regulations permitting. Should that not work out then it will be just another day, like it has been before at times.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-12-2020, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
OGF is not going to be very happy when he sees that you've eaten a box of his biscuits!

No Christmas food in the house here, so nothing eaten in advance of the day. I am hoping to be out for Christmas, coronavirus permitting. Should that not work out then it will be just another day, like it has been before at times.

Well if you end up at home on Christmas day, don't forget to pop in to the Christmas table thread. There might be some virtual left-overs.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 03:32 PM

Eh! Christmas food, I haven’t bought any yet, 🤣
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 03:35 PM

Well if you end up at home on Christmas day, don't forget to pop in to the Christmas table thread. There might be some virtual left-overs.
Will do, at least that way I will not get overfull or suffer from indigestion afterwards!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-12-2020, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Will do, at least that way I will not get overfull or suffer from indigestion afterwards!
That's true, I forgot to mention that the Gaviscon has also been opened. Might just pour it on my mince pes and save time.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top