Join for free
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 11:37 PM

Re: Do extra terrestrials exist.

Originally Posted by xirrpy ->
A Harvard professor has just published a book advancing the theory that the huge space log crossing out system a couple years back, is so unusual that it can only have come from an advanced civilization

Sheesh, if they saw it coming why didnt they sent a robot to to steal a bit

Its a certainty that someone on this forum is in touch with space beings.
I demand to know who!
I had some in my fridge dated 26th Dec but was still eating the thing by the 2nd Jan. It had tangerines in the centre.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 04:05 AM

Huge space log?
So that's what God thinks of us.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 10:18 AM

Some of the weird things seen in the skies can be explained, something like 99%, can be identified as weather phenomenon or such, but the other 1% is unidentifiable, there must be life on other planets, the law of averages must come into play, it can’t be that the earth evolved with just the right conditions for life and it’s not been repeated elsewhere, not necessarily in our universe, but have we been visited by et..? who knows..maybe one day we’ll find out..
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Some of the weird things seen in the skies can be explained, something like 99%, can be identified as weather phenomenon or such, but the other 1% is unidentifiable, there must be life on other planets, the law of averages must come into play, it can’t be that the earth evolved with just the right conditions for life and it’s not been repeated elsewhere, not necessarily in our universe, but have we been visited by et..? who knows..maybe one day we’ll find out..
Afraid not Primus......

We are the most advanced species that ever lived.
I don't know where people get the idea from, that if there is other life out there, they must be far more advanced than us.....
The first human remains on earth were found to be a few million years old. It's taken us until now to get where we are today. Even if there was life so far away that we could never identify it, they might be at quite a different stage in their evolution. Just animals roaming their world. Or with a different chemistry completely, borne out of the different components that make up their world.

Just look how progress has speeded up over the last hundred years, it has progressed faster than over the previous few million years. And it gets faster each year. The law of averages suggests that it can not accelerate at this rate for much longer. Progress and our intelligence will be our downfall. We should have been satisfied to sit round a campfire scratching out drawings on cave walls. Now look what's happened as a result of our greed and love of modern technology, we are speeding headlong into our demise, until even we will not have the means to even fly to the moon let alone out of our galaxy.....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Afraid not Primus......

We are the most advanced species that ever lived.
I don't know where people get the idea from, that if there is other life out there, they must be far more advanced than us.....
The first human remains on earth were found to be a few million years old. It's taken us until now to get where we are today. Even if there was life so far away that we could never identify it, they might be at quite a different stage in their evolution. Just animals roaming their world. Or with a different chemistry completely, borne out of the different components that make up their world.

Just look how progress has speeded up over the last hundred years, it has progressed faster than over the previous few million years. And it gets faster each year. The law of averages suggests that it can not accelerate at this rate for much longer. Progress and our intelligence will be our downfall. We should have been satisfied to sit round a campfire scratching out drawings on cave walls. Now look what's happened as a result of our greed and love of modern technology, we are speeding headlong into our demise, until even we will not have the means to even fly to the moon let alone out of our galaxy.....

I have a feeling you could be right there, OGF, specially at the rate we are destroying our planet, probably not in our children or grandchildrens lives, maybe not greatgrandchildrens either, but eventually if no one does anything about it to get all countries working together as partners to stop it.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 01:38 PM

I’m not saying there’s intelligent life out there and have found a way to visit us, we are in one galaxy of many, astronomers have found “ Goldilocks “ planets, where conditions are just right to produce life, after all where do we come from, it’s now thought life was brought here on comets and meteorites that crashed into the still forming earth,
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I have a feeling you could be right there, OGF, specially at the rate we are destroying our planet, probably not in our children or grandchildrens lives, maybe not greatgrandchildrens either, but eventually if no one does anything about it to get all countries working together as partners to stop it.
I don't think that will ever happen Tiff....A lot of countries give it lip service but don't actually do anything. And even the things we are doing that we think will help, are still a cost to the planet. We just change one bad thing for another. The sheer weight of numbers is our main disadvantage, and there seems no solution to that. But we haven't suffered any really serious natural disasters yet as in the past, but there might be one just around the corner. The earth is a living, changing, and unstable environment, so changes will happen despite our best efforts.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

10-01-2021, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I’m not saying there’s intelligent life out there and have found a way to visit us, we are in one galaxy of many, astronomers have found “ Goldilocks “ planets, where conditions are just right to produce life, after all where do we come from, it’s now thought life was brought here on comets and meteorites that crashed into the still forming earth,
I very much doubt it Primus, when scientist start using the word 'Thought' or 'Estimated' you might as well ask Steven Spielberg, he's as good a person as anybody to ask because he's got imagination, like some of us on here...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
OK, a friend & I were looking out of my living room window at dusk. We saw this light moving very fast from right to left, high up, it was yellowy white & glowed & looked big, it was going far to fast for a plane or anything else, couldn't see any shape apart from the bright light, we watched it til it disappeared. Have no idea to this day what it was.
Comet!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I don't think that will ever happen Tiff....A lot of countries give it lip service but don't actually do anything. And even the things we are doing that we think will help, are still a cost to the planet. We just change one bad thing for another. The sheer weight of numbers is our main disadvantage, and there seems no solution to that. But we haven't suffered any really serious natural disasters yet as in the past, but there might be one just around the corner. The earth is a living, changing, and unstable environment, so changes will happen despite our best efforts.
Covid 19 seems close though. If no one had done anything about it & all of us like a lot of covidiots had stuck our heads in the sand saying it won't happen to me, then most of us would be dead by now.

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top