Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 01:38 PM

Re: OK ! We are out!!

Hi

I will repeat my view of things.

We are on the right track.

Things will get sorted.

It is impossible to take control immediately, it takes time to sort things out and build the infrastructure.

I am no great fan of Boris.

He is however in an impossible situation.

Nobody has ever faced the challanges he has, leaving the EU and Covid.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I will repeat my view of things.

We are on the right track.

Things will get sorted.

It is impossible to take control immediately, it takes time to sort things out and build the infrastructure.

I am no great fan of Boris.

He is however in an impossible situation.

Nobody has ever faced the challanges he has, leaving the EU and Covid.
And in the meantime it appears that we are being forced to help fund the establishment of an 'EU Army':

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...7UvM7wSxyLO5yk

As I have suggested before, Boris has signed us up to an agreement without appearing to have read all the catches and tripwires.

The more such things are discovered, the more important it is that he tears up the agreement and we can walk away from the overriding controls that the EU have tricked us in to.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 04:34 PM

Meh.
The suggested 290 million ain't enough to give any army so much as one uniform each so panic about funding is a bit OTT.
But I guess such stories provide pay for the author and fill an empty space.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Meh.
The suggested 290 million ain't enough to give any army so much as one uniform each so panic about funding is a bit OTT.
But I guess such stories provide pay for the author and fill an empty space.
Quite. If you read the article closely you'll notice that the original deal was for the money to go into Project Horizon (research into global warming, etc). Those sneaky EU barstewards folded the EU army into Project Horizon just before the deal was signed off.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 04:57 PM

I see the Dutch government has resigned en masse!

Something to do with bankrupting tens of thousands of Dutch families after accusing them of fraud and - worse - these claims were often based on ethnicity!
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...KBN29K1IO?il=0

That's not boding well for Rutte's chance of re-election in their general elections in mid-March - and could well be just what Geert Wilders' PVV needs after coming so close last time.
Other far-right parties are in the running too and all are sure to make gains because Rutte's VVD have effectively ruled out the resurgence polls were predicting.

Then there are the Norwegian parliamentary elections in mid-September wher already things look shaky, with a real possibility of Eurosceptics taking control there too.
There has already been suggestion that Norway should move further away from the EU.

After that of course come France's elections in April 2022.
It will take little short of a miracle to keep Macron in power and even though Barnier might run, by all accounts Le Pen's National Rally are determined to win this time round - and early indications are that she could win.

Even without considering Germany's floundering over a successor to Merkel or the other EU elections which could lead to divisions within the European Parliament, the EU are undoubtedly heading towards interesting times.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 05:00 PM

Interesting times to come indeed especially as Switzerland is now courting us for more than just a financial deal.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...uk-instead-spt
Zaphod
Lincs UK

15-01-2021, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Interesting times to come indeed especially as Switzerland is now courting us for more than just a financial deal.

IIRC that's been on the cards for a while, certainly since the Swiss/EU financial services spat.

The trouble is that our media are reluctant to cover anything positive, so even when the rollover deal was signed in February 2019 they just warbled on about what the rollover didn't include in their typically pro-remainist fashion.
But I do seem to remember reading somewhere that the Swiss wanted a more complete deal and closer relationships, and when the Swiss agreed UK work permits too I assumed that to be part of a larger plan.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
IIRC that's been on the cards for a while, certainly since the Swiss/EU financial services spat.

The trouble is that our media are reluctant to cover anything positive, so even when the rollover deal was signed in February 2019 they just warbled on about what the rollover didn't include in their typically pro-remainist fashion.
But I do seem to remember reading somewhere that the Swiss wanted a more complete deal and closer relationships, and when the Swiss agreed UK work permits too I assumed that to be part of a larger plan.
The Swiss want to be part of a UK trade block because when the EU tries to take over their country like they did recently with the blocks to their financial services, they can side with Uncle Britain and get us to hit them on the head.

The Swiss will leave Schengen soon and that will really screw up their dreams of zero borders, EU regions and doing a land grab on the Swiss. Besides, we need the Swiss to publish the banking records and assets of the EU commission and all their dodgy transactions every so often, it's great entertainment value

Eurovision will be interesting this year - it's the best way to judge the political landscape of Europe and who genuinely hates who.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

18-01-2021, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The Swiss want to be part of a UK trade block because when the EU tries to take over their country like they did recently with the blocks to their financial services, they can side with Uncle Britain and get us to hit them on the head.

The Swiss will leave Schengen soon and that will really screw up their dreams of zero borders, EU regions and doing a land grab on the Swiss. Besides, we need the Swiss to publish the banking records and assets of the EU commission and all their dodgy transactions every so often, it's great entertainment value

Eurovision will be interesting this year - it's the best way to judge the political landscape of Europe and who genuinely hates who.
Just think: if Norway go the way it looks like they're heading at the moment we could for an alternative trading union amongst ourselves!
UK/Switzerland/Norway.
For a start, of course.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->

Originally Posted by Bread ->

It just gets better and better.

What I'd like to see next is either the EU27 rejecting the 'deal' or, better still, Boris doing the same.

Then when Poland, Hungary and Italy also leave the EU, we can build a very strong opposition to the EU.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top