Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 08:20 AM

Lists.

Do you keep lists ? on paper or in your head ? .
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 08:23 AM

Re: Lists.

usualy in my head,but just lately putting things on paper,,its the age
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I always have a shopping list on a pad in the kitchen. I don't keep any other lists.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 08:32 AM

Got a chalk board in the kitchen
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 08:37 AM

I always kept lists on my wildlife surveys to enter into the various databases i used.

And at Christmas i start a list well in advance of Christmas eve so my shopping is well sorted in advance.

If i have something troubling me i have listed the pro`s and con`s of the problem. Putting it on paper sometimes makes easier to comprehend.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 08:40 AM

We give money to our children and grandchildren, who are the only people to whom we give gifts.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 08:47 AM

The main list I find helpful is a holiday list.

I made one last time I went away and now I keep it in the suitcase handy for when we go again. I was always forgetting something - usually small things like a small handbag for the evenings or Tony's back scrubbing brush for the shower - not to mention that once I forgot his spare socks...

Then there's the stuff to do before we leave home. Set the timers to switch the lights on, make sure rubbish bin has been emptied and washed out, set the burgler alarm, give spare key to son in case of emergency etc etc.
Future packing will be so easy now I have my list to go by.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
OMG! You should see my living room floor right now Nom. It's covered in lists, lists of lists and lists of lists of lists. I have been renovating the house for the past year and it's the only way I can remember everything.

Not only is each job listed but I also have next to each item an estimate of how long each job will take.

I also have the 'Mother of all lists' on a spreadsheet on my laptop. I take great pleasure in highlighting when they are done and if I have done something which isn't on there, I add it so that I can cross it off.

I think I need to get out more.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 09:17 AM

Yes, I keep lists.
I always have a shopping list on the worktop which I add to as the week goes on.
I also have a job list to remind me what needs seeing to the next day, else I forget.

Nom, I have written down pro's and cons sometimes to help me figure something out too.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 09:18 AM

I make lists for practically everything, I couldn't manage without them now . Some I keep in a book for future reference eg holiday lists, birthday and Christmas lists. Always make a shopping list for local or town shopping. I also have a few lists to do with the forum.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top