Join for free
Page 5 of 20 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 01:43 PM

Re: Racism

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
In a particular environment then yes. I'd be stuffed in a hot humid jungle - actually having to occasionally work in such an environment I know for certain I would be because I was.

A negro has difficulty in living in high latitudes because of lack of vitamin D creating levels of sunlight and that's just for starters.
I don't know how high you are referring to Denver is 5,280 feet above sea level. Haven't seen any race have a problem with the altitude, unless you have a breathing disorder. We are considered medium latitude, but just north of us I haven't noticed any disparity in race due to the latitude. I think your ability to handle such things is on an individual level.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 01:56 PM

To be honest I think if the lad who took the penalty was white twitter would have been just as bad, the lad who missed the penalty would have been torn apart. Just so happens he was black so race has been brought into it. Racism is not only one sided.

Like someone else on here said, black or white treat me right and I respect you, do wrong and I wont respect you .
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

13-07-2021, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I honestly fail to see what is blatantly obvious, races of people are NOT equal one to another.
I can’t see any other way of interpreting this comment than as racist with hidden references to Ubermensch and Untermensch
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
To be honest I think if the lad who took the penalty was white twitter would have been just as bad, the lad who missed the penalty would have been torn apart. Just so happens he was black so race has been brought into it. Racism is not only one sided.

Like someone else on here said, black or white treat me right and I respect you, do wrong and I wont respect you .
This exactly. Remember when David Beckham was hung in effigy for some calamitous mistake he did on the pitch?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
I can’t see any other way of interpreting this comment than as racist with hidden references to Ubermensch and Untermensch
Check my signature.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
This exactly. Remember when David Beckham was hung in effigy for some calamitous mistake he did on the pitch?

And what if the lad had scored that penalty?
Would they have said that was because he was black then?
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
This could be interesting…

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	54AEEE73-D860-4E13-BB79-F804EFF8ED6A.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	16262  
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
What happened to freedom of speech? This is why people want to live in the UK
This is the thing that bothers me, what with Twitter, Facebook and the like deleting posts and banning people who they disagree with.

Freedom of speech.

We all have our own opinions, and they are things which no-one can take away from us. I'm sure that they'd like to, in order to control us more, but they can't.

Consequently, they do what they can: deny us the right of free speech.

In a civilised world, if we were allowed to speak as we wish, some would agree with us and others would disagree with us. That is perfectly understandable and acceptable.

So why is it not possible for us to state our opinions freely, yet accept that others will disagree with us?

More importantly, why is it not possible for those who disagree with others' opinions to state why they disagree and enter into a civilised discussion about the matter...
instead of automatically issuing the tired-old 'RACIST' accusation?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
This could be interesting…
LOL! I'm not playing! I've met this sort of thing too often before. Now it's just ducks water off my back.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
This is the thing that bothers me, what with Twitter, Facebook and the like deleting posts and banning people who they disagree with.
I don't know who they are banning or why, but as much as free speech should be defended, that does not mean absolutely anything should be allowed a public platform. I know Trump was banned, and for very justifiable reasons. When people of influence use misinformation and lies in order to manipulate others, it is in all our interests for them to be denied a platform.

Page 5 of 20 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top