Join for free
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 11:36 PM

Re: Me, me, me.

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I will talk to anyone, regardless, I even talk to my Bikes.
I talk to anyone as well, even my teddy bears.
My bike had a name too.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
In the six years that I’ve been in my flat, I have spoken no more than a few words to my neighbour who lives upstairs. In the last two weeks, however, I have had two proper conversations with him. The first was when he came and asked if I had a bike pump he could borrow, and the second was when he just happened to be passing, and I just happened to be outside.

He knows the local area better than I do, and as I recently bought a bike, I am keen to learn about all the paths and off road tracks in the locality, so that is what I tried to talk to him about. All he seemed to want to talk about was the medication he was on for his mental problems and his previous suicide attempts. I will probably try to avoid him in future if all he wants to do is talk about himself.
If I was your neighbour, we'd have gone for a ride and I'd have been showing you the paths and off-road tracks.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I usually get random strangers in the street who tell me their life story but don’t let me butt in at any time!

I don’t mind if l have time but the worst was the woman stranger who was passing me whilst l was standing at a bus stop. Not satisfied with talking to me for the 10 minutes or so until my bus came, she decided to get on the bus with me for the 50 minute journey.
She never stopped and l was too polite to say, ‘Shut up, you’re boring and l don’t know these people you’re yapping on about’!

We got to my destination, she got off the bus, walked across the road and got on a bus back to where she’d come from!!
Art, that sounds like the same woman I sat beside on the bus before covid....it was the only seat left, I didn't know her, she didn't know me, but I got told all about her family and what they did and didn't do....and she was whispering so I couldn't pick up half what she was saying, so I nodded yes a lot of the time....thankfully I got off the bus before her....
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

26-07-2021, 12:02 AM

I'm mostly a listener anyway, so I really don't mind at all. I hear some really funny stories from the oldies around here.

About a year ago, Elsie, who lives at the end my block, told me that Brian (another neighbour) was the oldest person in the complex. She said he was 96 years old. I said that was amazing.

A few months later, I met Brian, and during his ten minute speech, he asked me how old I thought he was. Of course, I wanted to make him feel good about himself, so I told him he looked about 90. He looked at me, quite offended, and told me that he was 82!

Well, you imagine how I felt. I didn't know where to put myself.

I'm certain that Elsie did this deliberately because I've since learned that Brian asks everyone the same question and Elsie knew this full well. So Elsie was playing a trick on me to deliberately get me into trouble! LOL!

All great fun. Elsie is actually lovely and loves to have a good gut laugh every day.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Do they answer back? My Tigers don't - they sit and look very wise.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I don't mind people talking; it's only when they talk to me that I don't like it.
Haha. Love it. Lol. We are more alike than I realized.

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Perhaps you could suggest some more effective methods of suicide to him.
Thats just nasty.
Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I’m very selective with whom I chat with however I did / do talk to my teddy bears.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
If I was your neighbour, we'd have gone for a ride and I'd have been showing you the paths and off-road tracks.
Now this is a nice post. What a lovely neighbour you are. I’d probably have explained where they were also. Being a woman, it wouldn’t be appropriate for me to show in person.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 02:45 AM

Yes good on you Mart. Im happy ton have a chat with anybody at all. Im not huge on talking about myself..especially my health problems. Im happy to listen . Doesnt matter what the conversation is about. All somebody has to be is to have some manners. Im not interested in "wind ups" ..I think they are a sign of a lazy, unfulfilled mind. But if im being wound up, i sometimes take the bait. That is my failure. But if somebody wants to talk. I dont care who they are. I am very reluctant to label anybody "boring". I believe you can learn something from everybody you meet.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 03:28 AM

Wearing earbuds or headphones is a good way to avoid conversations. You don't even need to be listening to anything, because people just assume you are anyway.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 04:20 AM

Clever.

If anyone talks to me they always seem to be boasting about something.With my inferiority complex I don't need that sort of thing.

But it's important to remember,as Oscar Wilde once said,"Everybody needs good neighbours,they should be there for one another and that's when neighbours become good friends"

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top