Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 09:10 PM

Re: Hands Up...Who Wears Marigolds? (Men Included!)

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I have never seen the point in washing-up gloves. My skin is waterproof!
That’s a good job!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Here's mine. I don't wear them, just blow them up for a photo.

DooD
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 09:20 PM

I have left Tony right now scrubbing the meat pan our dinner was cooked in. The water was so hot that he yelped when he put his hands in it. I told him to put his rubber gloves on and he did.

Hot water is more hygenic for pot washing but it's not possible to have it really hot without wearing rubber gloves.

Mine are pink med - his are yellow L.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 09:21 PM

Yes I have yellow, pink and green( dedicated to household chores when I have to do it myself).
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 09:45 PM

Yep. NOt sure what brand they are but I wear rubber gloves all the time. I do a lot of cooking and washing up as I go. I prefer to wash up by hand. Don't like dishwashers because I think they never clean things properly. We have one but I hardly ever use it.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Yep. NOt sure what brand they are but I wear rubber gloves all the time. I do a lot of cooking and washing up as I go. I prefer to wash up by hand. Don't like dishwashers because I think they never clean things properly. We have one but I hardly ever use it.
I am with you on that one, Keezoy, wouldn't have a dishwasher as a gift. I wear gloves for some cleaning tasks - but prefer surgical ones to marigolds - they are too cumbersome for me.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 10:23 PM

I always use rubber gloves when washing up and for hand washing clothes, otherwise my hands get very sore and the skin cracks.

Sometimes I will also wear rubber gloves for gardening, especially if the soil is wet.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Here's mine. I don't wear them, just blow them up for a photo.

We don't call them marigolds here in the US, we call them just rubber gloves. I use them for scrubbing bathroom, shower tiles, tubs, or mopping the floors on hands and knees. Also, any time I use a cleaner with water for wiping down kitchen cabinets, or baseboards....anything really when I don't want the cleaner chemicals on my hands. Even use them when washing my car in the summer.
I am never without a new pair on the shelf.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 10:42 PM

I play guitar and I like to protect my hands from bacteria and grime from dishwater and dirt. They are just a practicality.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 11:10 PM

I buy a box of those disposable latex gloves from the supermarket to keep handy for work like painting or greasy jobs but never for washing up. They are ridiculously cheap at about $10 for 100

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top