Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 01:16 AM

The Handmaid's Tale Series 4

So excited - series 4 starts tonight after 20 months without it.

Mixed reviews
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 01:36 AM

Re: The Handmaid's Tale Series 4

Bruce have you seen Elizabeth Moss in "Top of the Lake China Girl" ?..Set in Sydney and NZ...That is a cracker. I'm not up on Handmaid's Tale but she is up there with the best.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 09:19 PM

Tonight's episode (3) is just too gruelling. was that waterboarding?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Bruce have you seen Elizabeth Moss in "Top of the Lake China Girl" ?..Set in Sydney and NZ...That is a cracker. I'm not up on Handmaid's Tale but she is up there with the best.
I think I've watched this but confused as I don't remember it being called China Girl at the end.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 08:21 AM

When my daughter lived here, she used to watch this. I didn’t like it, as every time l looked up at the television, there was something horrific going on.

I think, if you like The Handmaiden’s Tale, you are probably a fan of Game Of Thrones as well?

To me....both horrific and l couldn’t watch them...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 09:03 AM

Much too gory for me too, I turned it off before the end.

I also think a certain kind of person could be influenced in the wrong way by such repeated brutality.
I won't be watching it again.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 09:41 AM

After seeing a trailer a couple of years ago I knew it wasnt for me . I wont watch .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 11:40 AM

Have read the book - left me a bit bewildered and rather disturbed - but then Margaret Attwood often has that effect on me!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Tonight's episode (3) is just too gruelling. was that waterboarding?
I would say so Annie .
Wasn't it all so very much in the dark tho ?
I almost stopped watching but glad I didn't .
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
When my daughter lived here, she used to watch this. I didn’t like it, as every time l looked up at the television, there was something horrific going on.

I think, if you like The Handmaiden’s Tale, you are probably a fan of Game Of Thrones as well?

To me....both horrific and l couldn’t watch them...
Bur isn’t that Margaret Atwood envisaged , horrific goings on?
I saw Margaret Atwood in an interview and she said there was nothing in the book that hadn't happened already somewhere in the world.

Can’t speak for others but I’ve never been in the least interested in what GOT has to offer let alone being a fan !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top