Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 06:43 PM

your jousting of course

click on photo to see larger?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 06:59 PM

Re: your jousting of course

My guess....Guy on grey horse with the checked colours falls off. Red & black wins.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 11:53 PM

Brings back memories.we used to do it on pushbikes when we were kids. No poles. Wed just throw stuff at each other till one went down. Sacriledge i know but fun.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 12:38 PM

Nice piccy

I've been to a couple of jousts. They're great fun to watch, and most spectacliar when a lance explodes on impact.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 01:10 PM

Sorry folks, but I am going to be the odd one out here.
While these grown men are playing, does anyone care about the stress it puts the horses, with all the banging and clanging and 'exploding lances' going on around their face and head?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 01:12 PM

Fascinating!

BTW I just realised we have the same initials, just in a different order. How about that?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
While these grown men are playing, does anyone care about the stress it puts the horses, with all the banging and clanging and 'exploding lances' going on around their face and head?

Exactly, but as long as men get their fun, that's alright then.
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

19-05-2021, 12:17 AM

I've had to joust with a few 'ladies' in my time I can tell you and they drew blood!!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
The horses are selected & trained properly for these enactments. There was a program on TV a while ago about it, showing the training etc. They only use horses suitable. It's similar to police horse training.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
The horses are selected & trained properly for these enactments. There was a program on TV a while ago about it, showing the training etc. They only use horses suitable. It's similar to police horse training.

Thanks Tiff.

I was just looking at the way their ears are pinned back as if in fear.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top