Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2021, 10:28 PM

Call the Midwives

Feeling sad - It was the last episode of Call the Midwives tonight.
I've loved it since it started 10 years ago - a brilliant show with brilliant characters.

Any more fans on here?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2021, 11:10 PM

Re: Call the Midwives

Yes me, not watched the last one that was on tonight, but I have recorded it to watch soon. Daughter was here & she's never watched it, we binge watched Glee on her i pad instead.
Don't think I have ever missed an episode of Call The Midwife. Sad it's finished. Guess they couldn't carry on as life changed so much.
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

31-05-2021, 12:19 AM

think I saw all of ep9 here in oz so waiting for 10 - for me it so much about life as it once as in London docks and the spirit of old england - couldn't take a lot of screaming births though although very very authentic!! loved the settings and the low key romances!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 07:17 AM

I didn't watch the early series, but I think I have caught up on everything by watching them on the Drama channel.
It was true to life stories and I am sure many older people can remember the changes in life , that were shown in the story lines.
Series like this help you get to know the characters, which you like or dislike, and I am sure some of us have shed a tear when sad things happened.

Lets hope we see a few more, true to life stories, from times that have passed, because they make us remember life as it used to be.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 07:24 AM

I’ve always enjoyed Call The Midwife, but do think the Turner family are a little too twee for my liking! I prefer the storylines around the other characters.

I too have the second episode still to watch.

Did anyone else, though, think they over egged the bed lice infestation? Everything was ‘running alive’ but would they have ALL migrated to the belongings/clothing of the midwife then multiplied so quickly?

And, anyone else think a romance could happen between Trixie (what a lovely face she has) and Matthew?

I expect there will be a Christmas special, with the wedding of Lucille and Cyril to look forward to.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 08:50 AM

Heavens, I got a bit worried reading these posts, because it sounded as though the series had finished for good, never coming back! I've just checked and found that filming for series 11 is underway, and the BBC has confirmed series 12, 13 and 14, and it'll be running until 2024 at least, phew!

I've never missed an episode, it's such lovely escapism, as well as a nostalgic trip down memory lane and brilliant social commentary on the 5os and 60s.

The one thing that irritates me somewhat is Timothy. Oh for heavens sake, call yourself Tim and do something about your flipping hair! I was 16 in 1966, and Timothy would most certainly have been dismissed as a 'square', a 'mummy's boy' by everyone I knew. Let's hope being away at medical school helps him to 'get with it' as the parlance was in those days
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

31-05-2021, 08:58 AM

now now let's not get piccy!! tuttut
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 09:04 AM

I like the Turner family - including Timothy.

So what if he was square? Some kids were - usually the clever ones who wanted to go to university & not bothered about fashion..
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Heavens, I got a bit worried reading these posts, because it sounded as though the series had finished for good, never coming back! I've just checked and found that filming for series 11 is underway, and the BBC has confirmed series 12, 13 and 14, and it'll be running until 2024 at least, phew!

I've never missed an episode, it's such lovely escapism, as well as a nostalgic trip down memory lane and brilliant social commentary on the 5os and 60s.

The one thing that irritates me somewhat is Timothy. Oh for heavens sake, call yourself Tim and do something about your flipping hair! I was 16 in 1966, and Timothy would most certainly have been dismissed as a 'square', a 'mummy's boy' by everyone I knew. Let's hope being away at medical school helps him to 'get with it' as the parlance was in those days ;-)
Na Sheba, all doctors are like that even when they have graduated.....
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Na Sheba, all doctors are like that even when they have graduated.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top