Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 01:50 PM

Re: My Fridge Shelf Is Jammed. Any Ideas How To Get The Shelf Out?

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I think you are going to have to move the fridge/freezer out from the wall, Art until it is clear of the door jamb. Then you can open the door wider - tip it up a bit and probably jiggle the shelf about until it gets free. Might take two - don't hurt yourself.
I was going to suggest that too.

It should be on castors at the back so should slide out ok.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I think you are going to have to move the fridge/freezer out from the wall, Art until it is clear of the door jamb. Then you can open the door wider - tip it up a bit and probably jiggle the shelf about until it gets free. Might take two - don't hurt yourself.
Thank You Aerolor, but l can’t move the fridge freezer out as it’s fitted into the kitchen unit.

The fridge door when opened backs straight onto the kitchen door.
It might mean taking the fridge door off but it is very heavy as it is attached to the unit door.

My theory is, if l got it in there, surely it must come out...somehow?

It’s the white plastic shelf protrusions that are in the way. The plastic is not flexible to slide the shelf over the protrusion to enable me to get it into the groove!

It’s very difficult to explain!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I was going to suggest that too.

It should be on castors at the back so should slide out ok.
Longy, The fridge freezer is not freestanding, it’s built in and raised on a ? Plinth.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thank You Aerolor, but l can’t move the fridge freezer out as it’s fitted into the kitchen unit.

The fridge door when opened backs straight onto the kitchen door.
It might mean taking the fridge door off but it is very heavy as it is attached to the unit door.

My theory is, if l got it in there, surely it must come out...somehow?

It’s the white plastic shelf protrusions that are in the way. The plastic is not flexible to slide the shelf over the protrusion to enable me to get it into the groove!

It’s very difficult to explain!
It's got to come out if it went in Art. Has anyone working with you tried to expand the sides of the fridge/frezer by pushing on them from inside and allowing you to jiggle the shelf free. Otherwise, I don't know what else to suggest and it looks like it may well be a door off job to free it. We have an integrated fridg/freezer near a door, but there is a spacer strip built into the cabinetry which allows the fridg doors to move a bit further from ninety degrees, but it can be a bit tight.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 02:42 PM

Loosen/remove the top hinge of the door, and it will lift off. The bottom hinge is just a peg that the door sits on. Refit your shelf and re-attach the door.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-06-2021, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Loosen/remove the top hinge of the door, and it will lift off. The bottom hinge is just a peg that the door sits on. Refit your shelf and re-attach the door.
Thank You Judd, but l think it might be best if l don’t try this alone!!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	3C936C32-DAFF-4C7D-A5DE-0237E17875E5.jpeg
Views:	291
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	16095  
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 03:05 PM

Thank You Judd, but l think it might be best if l don’t try this alone!!
That's not the hinge I meant - that one is for your cupboard. Your fridge door will be secured to the fridge body with two hinges, one at the top, one at the bottom.

Is the actual cupboard door fixed to the fridge door?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-06-2021, 03:09 PM

That's not the hinge I meant - that one is for your cupboard. Your fridge door will be secured to the fridge body with two hinges, one at the top, one at the bottom.

Is the actual cupboard door fixed to the fridge door?
Yes, the fridge freezer is built in.
NB. I open a fridge door that is attached to a wooden unit door.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

26-06-2021, 03:13 PM

Yes, the fridge freezer is built in.
So you open the wooden door and the fridge door opens with it? The wooden door will be attached to the fridge door with a slider, as both doors move at different rates. I wouldn't suggest you try to detach it without former knowledge on how to do it.

Back to the drawing board...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-06-2021, 03:18 PM

So you open the wooden door and the fridge door opens with it? The wooden door will be attached to the fridge door with a slider, as both doors move at different rates. I wouldn't suggest you try to detach it without former knowledge on how to do it.

Back to the drawing board...
Sorry, Judd that l added the bit about the door whilst you were typing.

I have tried oil on the protrusion and side of glass now as l can’t find Vaseline! It’s to try and slide the glass shelf over the side protrusions to get it into the correct groove!

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top