Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 04:29 PM

Do you moan just loud enough for supermarket staff to hear?

Quite often I will hear someone having a moan to their shopping partner in crime, just loud enough for me to hear. In fact I'm sure it is actually directed towards me but the partner is a good cover. It's normally a shopper who comes in with 'The trolley anchor man' - you know, normally the man, who just stands there guarding the trolley in case anyone steals it, even though it hasn't been paid for yet.

I get blamed for vegetables being too small or out of stock (Do they think I grow them?). I get blamed for prices being too high (as if I set them) and the other day,, I was told that 'Another one of my trolleys was useless' (Like I should be taking them home to repair them - perhaps storing them in my dining room until they are fixed)

Still, someone did come up to me today and thank me personally for 'Getting the fresh peas in.'
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 04:34 PM

Re: Do you moan just loud enough for supermarket staff to hear?

Well all those things probably are your fault. After all, you're a MAN aren't you?

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well all those things probably are your fault. After all, you're a MAN aren't you?

I suppose that's what it is Mups, I'm a target and to be honest, it is usually the woman that does the moaning (no further comment)
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 04:36 PM

Well no, not really, but I do hear that from time to time amongst shoppers. "Oh...they haven't got that stuff in now...they had it last week" like you are actually taking it all home so they can't buy it!
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

06-07-2021, 04:58 PM

I would never do any of those things on you LD.

I usually display my impatience with the poor checkout assistants. As they're checking out my goods, I tap my fingers rapidly on the counter whilst looking around. It makes them go faster!

Actually, they all know me around here now, so they just tell me to sod off elsewhere if I don't like the service!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Quite often I will hear someone having a moan to their shopping partner in crime, just loud enough for me to hear. In fact I'm sure it is actually directed towards me but the partner is a good cover. It's normally a shopper who comes in with 'The trolley anchor man' - you know, normally the man, who just stands there guarding the trolley in case anyone steals it, even though it hasn't been paid for yet.

I get blamed for vegetables being too small or out of stock (Do they think I grow them?). I get blamed for prices being too high (as if I set them) and the other day,, I was told that 'Another one of my trolleys was useless' (Like I should be taking them home to repair them - perhaps storing them in my dining room until they are fixed)

Still, someone did come up to me today and thank me personally for 'Getting the fresh peas in.'

I never ever let a shop assistant hear my moans, it’s not their fault.

Personally I think you lot have to put up with quite a bit of moaning from some of the general public..

I can’t believe what comes out of some of their mouths.
When we were in serious lockdown.

This big guy was standing next to the empty toilet shelf.

Well, he actually looked at me and said what the f... am I supposed to wipe my a... on, I kid you not...i was so shocked I just walked away...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-07-2021, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->

I usually display my impatience with the poor checkout assistants. As they're checking out my goods, I tap my fingers rapidly on the counter whilst looking around. It makes them go faster!

Actually, they all know me around here now, so they just tell me to sod off elsewhere if I don't like the service!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-07-2021, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I never ever let a shop assistant hear my moans, it’s not their fault.

Personally I think you lot have to put up with quite a bit of moaning from some of the general public..

I can’t believe what comes out of some of their mouths.
When we were in serious lockdown.

This big guy was standing next to the empty toilet shelf.

Well, he actually looked at me and said what the f... am I supposed to wipe my a... on, I kid you not...i was so shocked I just walked away...
So funny.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->

For a few years I worked on checkouts and I can tell you, I certainly would not have gone faster. Probably slower, as two can play that game.
I was a Checkout manager, then Personal Officer, and I had ways of dealing with annoying customers like you, after my girls had complained about certain customers behaviour. They are not there for customers to be rude too, or be the butt of their anger. They work hard and do all sorts of odd hours, when I started work, the shop opened at 9am shut at 5.30 and half day wednesday, Perhaps we should go back to that..
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

06-07-2021, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
For a few years I worked on checkouts and I can tell you, I certainly would not have gone faster. Probably slower, as two can play that game.
I was a Checkout manager, then Personal Officer, and I had ways of dealing with annoying customers like you, after my girls had complained about certain customers behaviour. They are not there for customers to be rude too, or be the butt of their anger. They work hard and do all sorts of odd hours, when I started work, the shop opened at 9am shut at 5.30 and half day wednesday, Perhaps we should go back to that..
You do realise I was joking, Roxy?

Sometimes I do it, but I usually look at the assistant and ask "does this make you go faster?". Then they just laugh!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top