Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 06:37 PM

Can We Get Rid Of Cheating?

I get really hung up at all of the cheating which is now, apparently, the norm in Football.

We've had years during which players dive to the ground, screaming in pain, and then jump back up having "Won" a free Kick or penalty.

It would be so good to see an International Manager setting an example by declaring that he/she will have nothing to do with cheating.

Booing, and spitting on the pitch, are also no-no s for me!

Too much at stake, nowadays, I guess?

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 06:52 PM

Re: Can We Get Rid Of Cheating?

Diving should be rewarded with a yellow card. Two cards issued to a player in the same game - Red card and thrown out of the game.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I get really hung up at all of the cheating which is now, apparently, the norm in Football.

We've had years during which players dive to the ground, screaming in pain, and then jump back up having "Won" a free Kick or penalty.

It would be so good to see an International Manager setting an example by declaring that he/she will have nothing to do with cheating.

Personally I cannot stand football, one of the reasons is the way it's gone over recent years. The hooliganism and fighting between gangs of supporters was bad enough but now there's all this booing and making appalling comments to players. How can families take their children to these kinds of football matches?

Cheating could be stopped by reviewing footage of any controversial games or incidents and imposing really large, hefty fines on those who are seen to be cheating. They get paid enough so should give supporters value for money, not behave in this pathetic way.

Either that or watch women's football where there is a very different attitude, none of the behaviour seen in men's football. It's just like all sports used to be, when people could enjoy a sport and take their children to see what sports are about.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 07:05 PM

Gone are the days of Norman (bite your legs ) Hunter, Norbert Styles, Tommy Smith, Ron Yates, for the better, I think not.
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 07:06 PM

That's probably true but was it really different in the old days?
Take the example of the Tour de France and the performance of Pogacar at the weekend in the Alps.
He has already been nicknamed "Pogastrong" (rings a bell?) He climbed the Col de la Colombière with an average speed of 20.8 km/h. For his climbing the Col de Romme (8.7 kilometer long, and with an average ascent of 9.4 percent) diagnosticians estimated his performance values to be 6.3 watts per kilogramme of body weight which is on the border of what is considered natural. A closer look at his team and environment is also revealing.

No one since Armstrong and Froome has been able to be as dominant on the Tour as Pogacar this year. What remains is a small downer.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dachs ->
That's probably true but was it really different in the old days?
Take the example of the Tour de France and the performance of Pogacar at the weekend in the Alps.
He has already been nicknamed "Pogastrong" (rings a bell?) He climbed the Col de la Colombière with an average speed of 20.8 km/h. For his climbing the Col de Romme (8.7 kilometer long, and with an average ascent of 9.4 percent) diagnosticians estimated his performance values to be 6.3 watts per kilogramme of body weight which is on the border of what is considered natural. A closer look at his team and environment is also revealing.

No one since Armstrong and Froome has been able to be as dominant on the Tour as Pogacar this year. What remains is a small downer.
Not forgetting Cavendish who has equalled Merckx's record of stage wins.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

09-07-2021, 07:29 PM

I’d love to see the likes of Ronaldo on a rugby pitch. He probably wouldn’t survive the first five minutes.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 08:03 PM

Football is a game, and like any game, there is only a point to it if the rules are adhered to. If the rules are being broken, it is meaningless. If you can't be sure the players are sticking to the rules, stop watching it.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

09-07-2021, 08:49 PM

Classic example from Italy against Belgium. Immobile is brutally hacked down by a Belgian player and lays on the ground with obvious life threatening injuries. The poor lad will probably never walk again. A few seconds later Italy score and lo and behold Immobile makes an astonishing recovery and runs across to join in the celebrations. The age of miracles is not over!!

In my opinion this kind of blatant attempt at cheating should immediately result in a red card.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-9B0DCuoteM
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Football is a game, and like any game, there is only a point to it if the rules are adhered to. If the rules are being broken, it is meaningless. If you can't be sure the players are sticking to the rules, stop watching it.
That's why I no longer watch the Aussies playing cricket.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top