Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 12:55 PM

Re: Cloth or Paper towels ?

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I do have hand and tea towels but admit to using paper kitchen rolls for wiping down surfaces and for spills. I loathe having J cloths hanging about.
I also use paper towels to wipe down spills etc Jazzi
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
, I might try a sample batch of the new bamboo types.
That's interesting I am just about to replace my towels and to be honest never heard of these before. Will do a little research why are you considering them please. I need to "feel" my towels so will be a hands on buyer.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 01:30 PM

Opps in response to the original question T towels here I like getting them when on holiday or as a gift when people away memories when on the line. Also paper towels for a quick wipe up of a spill. Hand towel as well for drying hands; only me here so all good.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
Opps in response to the original question T towels here I like getting them when on holiday or as a gift when people away memories when on the line. Also paper towels for a quick wipe up of a spill. Hand towel as well for drying hands; only me here so all good.
Same with me here. I use most T towels for everyday use of drying dishes, drying my hands off, etc. The paper towels come in handy when spills happen or if I don't want the debri on a cotton towel.

It is only myself in the home, so no cross bacteria on hand towels or bath towels.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
That's interesting I am just about to replace my towels and to be honest never heard of these before. Will do a little research why are you considering them please. I need to "feel" my towels so will be a hands on buyer.
I thought I might try a sample batch because the bamboo is claimed to be more sustainable, but how to prove that, I have no idea. My bamboo based socks feel no different to my previous cotton-wool-elastane blend, so maybe underwear next as an idea.
My link explains 6 benefits of bamboo for towelling.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 05:39 PM

I use a hand towel for my hands,
a linen tea towel for glasses
and the best tea towels ever Lamont Poli-Dri for everything else

https://samuellamont.com/collections/poli-dri

You can buy them for less elsewhere...
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 07:31 PM

I have a dishwasher and tea towels are kept to a minimum. I use paper towels for my hands and spills. Worktops - I go over every day with anti-bac cleaner and a damp cloth (cloth gets washed and dried). The tea towels I use are similar to Megs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top