Join for free
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 09:48 AM

WIFI connect.

I have a Canon SX69HS. I also have on my iPads (2of them) ‘camera connect’ that is a WiFi Canon program.
It used to work ok but lately is just don’t want to see the camera or the iPads. I have uninstalled and re installed to no effect. So I now have to resort to using a cable.
My question is, are there any other 3rd party programs that I can use to do this?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 10:29 AM

Re: WIFI connect.

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
I have a Canon SX69HS. I also have on my iPads (2of them) ‘camera connect’ that is a WiFi Canon program.
It used to work ok but lately is just don’t want to see the camera or the iPads. I have uninstalled and re installed to no effect. So I now have to resort to using a cable.
My question is, are there any other 3rd party programs that I can use to do this?
Emjay,

Have you tried here ?:-

https://securitycamcenter.com/ip-cam...ot-connecting/

This for other devices nut may be useful for checking connectivity.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
I use a Canon camera, EOS100D and Apple Macs (MacBook Pro and an iMac) but unfortunately I don't know about Camera Connect. I was wondering if it might be of use to download Camera Connect again from the App Store as there might have been some changes to it following updates on the iPads? Drivers for devices often need updating for that same reason, usually the manufacturers do this and provide a new driver to be downloaded.

There may be some help on the link below, one poster with the same problem was answered here. Perhaps you could post your problem on here and someone would help you out with it:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/P...ad/td-p/142093
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Emjay,

Have you tried here ?:-

https://securitycamcenter.com/ip-cam...ot-connecting/

This for other devices nut may be useful for checking connectivity.
Thanks I will look into that.
I have 2 home WiFi security cameras that work fine with iPads and phone.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

07-06-2021, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I use a Canon camera, EOS100D and Apple Macs (MacBook Pro and an iMac) but unfortunately I don't know about Camera Connect. I was wondering if it might be of use to download Camera Connect again from the App Store as there might have been some changes to it following updates on the iPads? Drivers for devices often need updating for that same reason, usually the manufacturers do this and provide a new driver to be downloaded.

There may be some help on the link below, one poster with the same problem was answered here. Perhaps you could post your problem on here and someone would help you out with it:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/P...ad/td-p/142093
Thanks Baz I will also look at that.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

07-06-2021, 03:28 PM

I have already tried all those things in the past.
This morning I was out and took a few photos. Again they would not download to either the iPads or phone using the ‘Camera connect’ program. After a frustrating hour. I decided to have lunch. Came back to try again. What I did do and worked was. Turned off my iPhone, turned it back on again and plugged in a card reader with the camera card in it. It saw all the pics. Downloaded the ones I wanted. Now of course I can view them on the iPads as well.
But will this work next time?
Anyone tried one of these WiFi memorycards?
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

08-06-2021, 02:12 PM

Further to my posts, I have been doing some searching for answers to the problem.
I came across some replies on that canon site, that I am not alone having problems with that program. They are repeating what I have said, that the program sucks. It used to work but not anymore, and no answers are given from Canon.
I have ordered a WIFI memory card holder. See if that works.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

11-06-2021, 11:09 AM

Got the wifi card this morning. After having to download bits, and mess with settings, it works a treat.
This card will it seems will work with any camera that don’t have WIFI.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top