Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 04:05 PM

Re: How Do You Like Your Sandwiches Cut? Square Or Triangle?

I like my sandwiches cut in half with the crusts left on but I'll take them as they come if buying them when out and about.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I like my sandwiches cut in half with the crusts left on but I'll take them as they come if buying them when out and about.
I would never buy a sandwich when out and about now I don't eat anything when I'm outside, not even having coffee - I'll take my own.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 06:49 PM

Sadly since my operation I have to have the crusts removed.
It's a bu@@er when you used to think that the crust, especially on fresh bread, was the best bit.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 07:32 PM

A lady l used to know, would make me the most delicious bread roll. She’d slice the roll, so that there were two layers of filling. Sometimes, ham and salad on the bottom and then repeated on the next layer. It was delicious.

She would serve it on a small rectangular tray with side bits, crisps, finely cut celery and other bits.

Some people can make the most delicious sandwiches, or rolls.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
A lady l used to know, would make me the most delicious bread roll. She’d slice the roll, so that there were two layers of filling. Sometimes, ham and salad on the bottom and then repeated on the next layer. It was delicious.

She would serve it on a small rectangular tray with side bits, crisps, finely cut celery and other bits.

Some people can make the most delicious sandwiches, or rolls.
A cafe I used to go in did similar, the salad on the plate, had grapes, or strawberries in it in season, with crisps & grated beetroot. You could chose the filling for the baguette. They were delicious.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
A cafe I used to go in did similar, the salad on the plate, had grapes, or strawberries in it in season, with crisps & grated beetroot. You could chose the filling for the baguette. They were delicious.
That sounds really delicious.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 09:41 PM

I agree with whatever bakerman says because he’s a real Chef

I hope you’re feeling better Bakerman
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
I agree with whatever bakerman says because he’s a real Chef

I hope you’re feeling better Bakerman
Thank you, Minx. Two pieces of bread, whatever the type, and filled with any ingredient is, and always will be, a sandwich. I have only been to 13 countries, but when I asked for a sandwich, every restaurant knew exactly what I was asking for.

Yes, I feel better
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Thank you, Minx.

Yes, I feel better
That’s wonderful news Bakerman !
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by silver tabby ->
that sounds really delicious.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top