Join for free
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 09:09 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Good Morning Possums
Are three bitcoins in the fountain?
yes with me too!! - shoes a bit kinda wet in a bitcoin kinda way!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 09:32 AM

I know a really good story about bitcoins.
Maybe later eh?

I will need to get slotted.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 12:35 PM

Maybe later eh?

oh dear you are asking for trouble?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 12:41 PM

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

28-09-2018, 01:33 PM

In for a penny, in for a pound
If you have lots of money, then I'll stay around
Let us go and spend away, we can return at the end of the day
You can buy me diamonds and pretty things, I make you happy, you will have wings
I like to get spoilt, and showered with gifts, we won't ever have any rifts
But if the cash runs dry one day, I might just have to run away
You will wonder what you did wrong, I don't care, I'm long gone

Sweetie

A little rhyme about a female I know.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 06:16 PM

Maybe later eh?

KEEP YOUR HAND ON YOUR HA'PENNY
Keep yer 'and on yer ha'penny
Cover it well with yer palm
Keep yer ‘and on yer ha'penny
And Molly will come to no harm
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 08:45 PM

The Halfpenny Bridge in Dublin, they have picked up the craze of hanging padlocks on it these days.

I used to cross this bridge twice a day going and coming from work, my time was my own and I leased it out for a living, I did work for two shops in the same area at that time so when I walked through Merchant’s Arch (you can see it in this picture) I had to decide whether to turn right or left.
I had a sort of system, any morning I was feeling down I would choose to work for Mrs Wilson, she was always in good form and used to cheer me up, plus she paid cash. When I was feeling happy I’d go to old Mr. Taylor and try to cheer the miserable old git up, not an easy task I can tell you, the man was money mad, that’s all he wanted to talk about, and it was like trying to get blood out of a turnip getting his cheque when the jobs were finished, I wouldn’t mind if he hadn’t got it, the old geezer was worth millions even back then, his clients were all rich farmers, politicians, celebrities and such, and Taylor knew how to rub it into them, if Mrs Wilson had enough work for me full time I would have never went near him.
When my work was done I always went into the “Halfpenny Inn” on the right of the Arch but out of this picture, it was owned by the singer Joseph Locke, there was always good craic to be had there. God be with the days.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 09:43 PM

It's a bit sterile around here.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

28-09-2018, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->

The Halfpenny Bridge in Dublin, they have picked up the craze of hanging padlocks on it these days.

I used to cross this bridge twice a day going and coming from work, my time was my own and I leased it out for a living, I did work for two shops in the same area at that time so when I walked through Merchant’s Arch (you can see it in this picture) I had to decide whether to turn right or left.
I had a sort of system, any morning I was feeling down I would choose to work for Mrs Wilson, she was always in good form and used to cheer me up, plus she paid cash. When I was feeling happy I’d go to old Mr. Taylor and try to cheer the miserable old git up, not an easy task I can tell you, the man was money mad, that’s all he wanted to talk about, and it was like trying to get blood out of a turnip getting his cheque when the jobs were finished, I wouldn’t mind if he hadn’t got it, the old geezer was worth millions even back then, his clients were all rich farmers, politicians, celebrities and such, and Taylor knew how to rub it into them, if Mrs Wilson had enough work for me full time I would have never went near him.
When my work was done I always went into the “Halfpenny Inn” on the right of the Arch but out of this picture, it was owned by the singer Joseph Locke, there was always good craic to be had there. God be with the days.
as a young lad in the 'pool the Da once took me to see Josph Locke live at some fancy theatre - didn't want to listen to someone singing but a night out with Da was a joy!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

28-09-2018, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It's a bit sterile around here.
we're trying to keep the riff raff out? - so park ya jackhammer at the door and take ya dusty boots off!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top