Join for free
Page 508 of 1676 « First < 8 408 458 498 506 507 508 509 510 518 558 608 1008 1508 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 09:15 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
Thank you oh eucalyptic one, but first I would be remiss if I failed to point out the actual meaning of the word DELF

... The DELF and DALF are diplomas awarded by the French Ministry of Education to prove the French-language skills of non-French candidates. There are six independent diplomas.

The word you meant to use is DEFT and it is a very flattering one, there now you can add to that the words smart arse.
I thank ew
Wrong, Delf is Dutch.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 09:20 PM

No better man than RJ for setting us all on the road to right, Hallelujah! to that.
Have ya got that right now Gummy? it simply means your a Daft Smart Arse, wish someone would pay me that compliment, I’m just plain daft.
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Wrong, Delf is Dutch.
Delft is the word you refer wrongly to El Spitto

WIKI
Delft
City in the Netherlands
Delft, a canal-ringed city in the western Netherlands, is known as the manufacturing base for Delftware, hand-painted blue-and-white pottery. In its old town, the medieval Oude Kerk is the burial site of native son and Dutch Master painter Johannes Vermeer. Once the seat of the royal House of Orange, the 15th-century Nieuwe Kerk houses the family's tombs and overlooks Delft's lively market square
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
Thank you oh eucalyptic one, but first I would be remiss if I failed to point out the actual meaning of the word DELF

... The DELF and DALF are diplomas awarded by the French Ministry of Education to prove the French-language skills of non-French candidates. There are six independent diplomas.

The word you meant to use is DEFT and it is a very flattering one, there now you can add to that the words smart arse.
I thank ew

My apologies to Gummy for my poor punctuation which gives the impression that smart arse refers to Gummy.
It does not & was totally a poorly judged self-deprecating remark on my part.

sorry
Robert Jnr.
UK

24-02-2018, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
No better man than RJ for setting us all on the road to right, Hallelujah! to that.
Have ya got that right now Gummy? it simply means your a Daft Smart Arse, wish someone would pay me that compliment, I’m just plain daft.
Damned with faint praise again...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 11:48 PM

I am right, I once had Bowl Trouble.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 12:07 AM

spittie is a smart arse too because he doubled dutch - and RJ has been polishing his rapiers of steel and has drawn blood - thank you RJ you have thrown the gauntlet down!!

charge!!!!! wheel chairs at the ready [motorized accepted]

I once had a girl with motor eyes - every time I looked into them they sent me spinning - she also had a hard clutch pedal [but the least touched upon that the better] however her reclining chairs were a sheer delight and her full beam catastrophic. Mind you everytime she grabbed my handbrake it made me giggle.

RJ - did you realize we are now; today; this very instance misusing English words constantly - take my choice of the word " sheer" I was challenged to use "shere" but knowing you where lurking around every corner did a spell check - to my amazement I found a Shere village in Surrey and then any number of webpages; businesses all using the monogram " a shere delight" for selling all assortment of goods including chocolate assortments!!

Oh dear how DOES nurse Vivian cope with it all??
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I am right, I once had Bowl Trouble.
don't you mean 'bowel' - sorry just trying to assist RJ who is at present "NOT CONVENIENT" or "INCOVENIENT" well not actually IN THE CONVENIENT ; maybe around THE CONVENIENT oh damn these keys they are so NOT CONVENIENT!!

pheww - glad I've got that off of me chest - well I wasn't actually typing with the keyboard on me............oh never mind - pass me the cough mixture I feel an erhmm coming on
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 02:23 AM

Goodness I am away for 5 minutes.
I really liked S ololo's explanation about the hhalf penny. Now I need to know how the tictickled pink came about.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

25-02-2018, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Goodness I am away for 5 minutes.
I really liked S ololo's explanation about the hhalf penny. Now I need to know how the tictickled pink came about.
oh dear SW if you've never had ya pink tickle ya don't know what ya missin?? sometimes the screams ascend to amazing crecendos!!

oh dear here comes RJ with his large DIC -tionary!!

Page 508 of 1676 « First < 8 408 458 498 506 507 508 509 510 518 558 608 1008 1508 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top