Join for free
Page 558 of 1676 « First < 58 458 508 548 556 557 558 559 560 568 608 658 1058 1558 > Last »
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 12:49 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Gregory Pecks the lowest hour, I hated the film & he ruined his career playing "out of character"
He was upset by the extremely negative reactions to his Mengele performance and said "Some critics seem unwilling to accept actors when they break what they think is the mold or the image"

However as much as I admired Mr Pecks acting I loathed his portrayal of the obsessed Captain Ahab but he exonerated himself in The Guns of Navarone so all ended well for me on celluloid screen at least. .
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 01:59 PM

I never liked the Moby Dick story Solo, from the time I first came across it in one of the old ‘Classic’ comics, remember them? I loved them.

Oh yes Pug that’s Apple for you, the bees knees in technology according to themselves.

Have we peaked in the technology stakes? No new gadgets coming out recently I noticed, we do have ‘The new generation box’ type of thing but they are only slight variations on the old stuff, we need something spectacular or eyecatching.
I remember reading about twelve years ago that we were to have virtual television sets in a few years, with this kind of TV you can actually walk around it and see the person on it from all angles, like the person was miniature and in the same room, however it never came to pass.

I have a theory about all this, The rapid advances we’ve had since the seventies came about because the three little green lads they captured in Roswell back in the fifties were forced to spill the beans and tell all they knew, but in order to ensure their good treatment in captivity they let out secrets very slowly, don’t forget these lads can communicate with each other through thought no matter how segregated they may be, no fear of one ratting on the others.
Well a terrible tragedy occurred in the Winter of 2016 in Area 51, the three little guys caught the flu and couldn’t handle it, all three died at the same time. No matter how hard they tried the authorities could not drag the secret of anti gravitation from the three brave captives, God rest their souls or whatever they have for souls. The results of this are that the powers that be will not be receiving any more new technical information, that’s the simple reason we are not getting any new stuff and won’t be anymore, lest they can capture a few more greenies, but I doubt that they’ll come within light years of us seeing the state we’re in at the moment with nut cases running the show all over the world.
So my friends enjoy it now for this is as good as it gets, it’ll be all downhill afterwards and in years to come he who knows how to make a crystal set shall be King.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 02:30 PM

Right...someone get gumbud into the dreaded Mongolian Chuff-Lock and hold him still as he ATTEMPTS to understand that items such as computers,vacuum-cleaners,mobile 'smart'[haha-bloody-ha!] phones,microwave ovens,fridges,washing machines,etc,etc,arrive in shiments,NOT as singularities. THIS means they are 'batched',y'see gummy...which in turn means this particular consignment has been whipped off a conveyor,stacked,stamped,batched together,shoved into containers,then sent off around the planet. NOW...if,perchance,a 'dicky' section of solder,or a faulty set of cpu units...or even merely an inattentive attendant was distracted by Sweetikins sashaying seductively past JUST as the inspection and testing was taking place,then a FULL CONSIGNMENT may have/contain the same faults. I actually DID utilise both braincells symmetrically and asked the Apple [note that? APPLE. NOT 'Honest Johns's Used/sort of refurbished Backstreet Computers] staff in the APPLE shop,to test a few of the currently on sale models...and blow me down-they have FIVE of the eleven currently on the shelves,on show for sale,that have EXACTLY the same fault! FIVE. So...I,being a bear of very little brain,chose the path of 'replace with new pre-tested parts,the internal items that are faulty,as I do NOT want to go happily away with a replacement that ALSO won't operate properly when using the parcelling codec for actual WORK,as opposed to being sarcastic on forums...y'see? If there's no joy-cash back,SOD Apple,hello Linux. No big deal. If it DOES work with new parts in it,from a completely different consignment,no problem-I just saved TDA Apple the embarrassment of selling faulty laptops that work perfectly well until complex algorithmic equations are attempted...at which point the parcelation codec jumps ship. None of which has ANYTHING to do with Roswell,I admit,Jem. But,the thought does linger that,with all this alien technology to hand,rather than keep re-hashing the iphone,how come we humans haven't colonised Mars yet? After all,SURELY it'd be a feather in the cap of D Trump Esq [and by the way,you're now allowed to call Washington D.C. 'Trumpton] to be first to do so? MUCH more so than tweeting about some lady named 'Stormy' with whom he apparently had 'congress'. [congress-geddit?] After all-her name's Stormy-how could he expect THAT to end well?! Nah...MUCH more fun to be first to erect a tent on Mars,then act super casual about it when Vlad Putin & Kim Wossname pop round for tea & biccies. Don'tcha think?
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 03:00 PM

Captain Ahab and the Roswell affair have a lot in common Jem. He was obsessive about a whale and so were those that were determined to find out how those little green fellas ticked. Always find that kind of obsession destructive.

Followed your Laptop angst Pug and all I can say is , Is this a classic case of A poor workman always blames his tools !!!.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 03:02 PM

Today is 'Spy Wednesday' in the christian calendar, hear anything about spies lately.
Anybody spied Spitty?
solo
UK

27-03-2018, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Today is 'Spy Wednesday' in the christian calendar, hear anything about spies lately.
Anybody spied Spitty?
Rumour has it he is looking for the Golden Halo
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

27-03-2018, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Has that anything to do with the Golden Fleece?

That was meant to read tomorrow is spy Wednesday, I was just talking to the wife and I thought it was ash Wednesday but that was at the beginning of lent several weeks ago.
Very confusing is the christian calendar, what with ‘movable feasts’ ‘fasting days’ ‘holy days of obligation’ we even had ‘moving statues’ over here at one time, wonder what happened to them?
On ash Wednesday we used to get a dash of ashes on our foreheads to remind us we’re all made from ashes and shall return to ashes, on palm Sunday we all wore a sprig of palm in our lapels, not sure why that was, but as I say if your not on the ball it can be very confusing being a christian..
solo
UK

27-03-2018, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->

On ash Wednesday we used to get a dash of ashes on our foreheads to remind us we’re all made from ashes and shall return to ashes, on palm Sunday we all wore a sprig of palm in our lapels, not sure why that was, but as I say if your not on the ball it can be very confusing being a christian..
If I had come home covered in ash my mother would have walloped the priest to remind him of who was boss on Earth.
You might say she was a bit of a lapsed soul and truly used to enjoy shocking the priest by telling him the palm cross was only good for protecting the house from fire.

Like most things the palm bit was nicked by Christians from the old Egyptians funereal procession. We had this habit of nicking things to suit our own purposes so it does make you wander what those old Knights Templars got up to when they were not playing on their abacuses.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Right...someone get gumbud into the dreaded Mongolian Chuff-Lock and hold him still as he ATTEMPTS to understand that items such as computers,vacuum-cleaners,mobile 'smart'[haha-bloody-ha!] phones,microwave ovens,fridges,washing machines,etc,etc,arrive in shiments,NOT as singularities. THIS means they are 'batched',y'see gummy...which in turn means this particular consignment has been whipped off a conveyor,stacked,stamped,batched together,shoved into containers,then sent off around the planet. NOW...if,perchance,a 'dicky' section of solder,or a faulty set of cpu units...or even merely an inattentive attendant was distracted by Sweetikins sashaying seductively past JUST as the inspection and testing was taking place,then a FULL CONSIGNMENT may have/contain the same faults. I actually DID utilise both braincells symmetrically and asked the Apple [note that? APPLE. NOT 'Honest Johns's Used/sort of refurbished Backstreet Computers] staff in the APPLE shop,to test a few of the currently on sale models...and blow me down-they have FIVE of the eleven currently on the shelves,on show for sale,that have EXACTLY the same fault! FIVE. So...I,being a bear of very little brain,chose the path of 'replace with new pre-tested parts,the internal items that are faulty,as I do NOT want to go happily away with a replacement that ALSO won't operate properly when using the parcelling codec for actual WORK,as opposed to being sarcastic on forums...y'see? If there's no joy-cash back,SOD Apple,hello Linux. No big deal. If it DOES work with new parts in it,from a completely different consignment,no problem-I just saved TDA Apple the embarrassment of selling faulty laptops that work perfectly well until complex algorithmic equations are attempted...at which point the parcelation codec jumps ship. None of which has ANYTHING to do with Roswell,I admit,Jem. But,the thought does linger that,with all this alien technology to hand,rather than keep re-hashing the iphone,how come we humans haven't colonised Mars yet? After all,SURELY it'd be a feather in the cap of D Trump Esq [and by the way,you're now allowed to call Washington D.C. 'Trumpton] to be first to do so? MUCH more so than tweeting about some lady named 'Stormy' with whom he apparently had 'congress'. [congress-geddit?] After all-her name's Stormy-how could he expect THAT to end well?! Nah...MUCH more fun to be first to erect a tent on Mars,then act super casual about it when Vlad Putin & Kim Wossname pop round for tea & biccies. Don'tcha think?
I find your story and rationale quite implausible; full of grammatical errors; mispellings and insane emotions - go and get a new replacement - your logic is floored Holmes!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
well whisper whisper - he told me he was going for a golden shower or two or three?? so no more nod nod wink wink.

Page 558 of 1676 « First < 58 458 508 548 556 557 558 559 560 568 608 658 1058 1558 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top