Join for free
Page 610 of 1676 « First < 110 510 560 600 608 609 610 611 612 620 660 710 1110 1610 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 02:42 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Ummm...don't panic,Miss Sweetie Pie.

One was merely attempting that humour thing of which one constantly hears.
One has noticed many people resort to it it,so gave it a go.

BTW...one's former wife resides in a far distant country,ol'gal.
[please don't ask....m'kay]
OMG - I guess she didn't like the 'vampire ass' technique too much? or was it just difficult with ya falsies out??
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Is that sexy ol' gummybuddy into 'French Golden Showers'?

OUI!
oh my god there is something definitely 'poisson' around here - I do prefer a "ballcuzi" actually the cocoa is absolutely delicious after 4 play!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 06:46 AM

This thread needs a "Deep Clean".
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

27-04-2018, 06:47 AM

we have just commemorated the ANZACS over here as I believe some of you would have in Europe too; including Turkey.

For a moment repose I found this rather poignant and chilling

and for those poor souls who still cannot get youtubes on their putters [and I think there is only one poor soul who keeps failing the test] I off you this morsel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhj4H9s3pEw
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
This is always the problem when conversing with a madman.
Spittie, neither of us are mad, just sometimes too clever for our own good.

Savvy?

George Melly spoke of being chained to a lunatic.
Of course, the lunatic was himself.

We are our greatest enemy for sure.

Rather like two equally matched pugilists locked forever in fearful, endless and unwinnable mortal combat.

Deep innit?
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 10:10 AM

Something to keep the ethos of leisurely scribbles alive

After succumbing to a fever of some sort in 1705, Irish woman Margorie McCall was hastily buried to prevent the spread of whatever had done her in. Margorie was buried with a valuable ring, which her husband had been unable to remove due to swelling. This made her an even better target for body snatchers, who could cash in on both the corpse and the ring.

The evening after Margorie was buried, before the soil had even settled, the grave-robbers showed up and started digging. Unable to pry the ring off the finger, they decided to cut the finger off. As soon as blood was drawn, Margorie awoke from her coma, sat straight up and screamed.

The fate of the grave-robbers remains unknown. One story says the men dropped dead on the spot, while another claims they fled and never returned to their chosen profession.

Margorie climbed out of the hole and made her way back to her home.

Her husband John, a doctor, was at home with the children when he heard a knock at the door. He told the children, “If your mother were still alive, I’d swear that was her knock.”

When he opened the door to find his wife standing there, dressed in her burial clothes, blood dripping from her finger but very much alive, he dropped dead to the floor. He was buried in the plot Margorie had vacated.

Margorie went on to re-marry and have several children. When she did finally die, she was returned to Shankill Cemetery in Lurgan, Ireland, where her gravestone still stands. It bears the inscription “Lived Once, Buried Twice.”
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 10:11 AM

Madness, is that when the body gives way to the will of the mind or the mind gives way to the will of the body?
Confucius, he say “A wise man learns more from a madman than a madman learns from a wise man” But then who's to tell who's wise and who's mad?
Nobody was as mad as me uncle Frank, an ex amateur fair to middling boxer, he used to think he was John L. Sullivan, he’d keep the brother and me amused for hours telling us all about his great wins in the USA, a Country he only ever saw in films.

I'll light a candle for those poor souls later Gummy, I've to call into the church to see an old priest friend of mine, I repaired the silver crucifix on his rosary beads, when he asks me what he owes me I'll get me own back on him and say one our Father and three hail Mary's please.

That's one thing I'm grateful for being a catholic Pug, we were not allowed any "ex's" One woman is enough for any man to handle in my humble opinion.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 10:20 AM

A great story Solo, what a good horror film that would make, plenty of meat on that bone to work on. Most of the new horror films coming out are simply crap.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
A great story Solo, what a good horror film that would make, plenty of meat on that bone to work on. Most of the new horror films coming out are simply crap.

Agree there Jem as the best horror stories are always the true ones unless those Lurgan folk were just telling porky pies for the tourist
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

27-04-2018, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Something to keep the ethos of leisurely scribbles alive

After succumbing to a fever of some sort in 1705, Irish woman Margorie McCall was hastily buried to prevent the spread of whatever had done her in. Margorie was buried with a valuable ring, which her husband had been unable to remove due to swelling. This made her an even better target for body snatchers, who could cash in on both the corpse and the ring.

The evening after Margorie was buried, before the soil had even settled, the grave-robbers showed up and started digging. Unable to pry the ring off the finger, they decided to cut the finger off. As soon as blood was drawn, Margorie awoke from her coma, sat straight up and screamed.

The fate of the grave-robbers remains unknown. One story says the men dropped dead on the spot, while another claims they fled and never returned to their chosen profession.

Margorie climbed out of the hole and made her way back to her home.

Her husband John, a doctor, was at home with the children when he heard a knock at the door. He told the children, “If your mother were still alive, I’d swear that was her knock.”

When he opened the door to find his wife standing there, dressed in her burial clothes, blood dripping from her finger but very much alive, he dropped dead to the floor. He was buried in the plot Margorie had vacated.

Margorie went on to re-marry and have several children. When she did finally die, she was returned to Shankill Cemetery in Lurgan, Ireland, where her gravestone still stands. It bears the inscription “Lived Once, Buried Twice.”
a reference would be useful otherwise you could simply be making it all up!

Page 610 of 1676 « First < 110 510 560 600 608 609 610 611 612 620 660 710 1110 1610 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top