Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 04:10 PM

Re: I created a crap but handy site.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree, it's fair enough to say we don't agree, but there is a big difference between that and keeping on and on picking away.
Merely replying to posts ... Like this one of yours.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
If you can't stand people criticising your posts then the answer is a simple one ... Don't post.
Heatherbelle
Canada
Heatherbelle is female  Heatherbelle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 04:11 PM

Why the antagonism? My understanding is that this site was simply created to gather information about the Middle East in one compact area – nothing more. From what I gather, it was created to save time for readers interested in news/information about the Middle East and not meant to serve any other purpose. As already said it will be removed when the domain runs out. I think for anyone with an interest in this topic, it would save a lot of time searching on the internet but apparently I have misunderstood. If anyone is not interested, why not just bypass it without the nasty comments.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 04:17 PM

It's not a creation though, just an adaptation, and certainly not worth gloating about enough to start a topic about it in order to have people think he wrote the software, when he clearly did not.
Malcolm you have misintereted my initial post. I was drawing attention to the top of the site that is hidden away - the 'Media Panel'. It is handy to reveal as it contains RSS News Feeds - a YouTube Video Search Script and a Radio Selection Script. You can view the panel contents directly here ...

http://csensism.org/files/iframehome.html

but of course other aspects of the drop down panel are missing if you do.

The site IS handy as I constantly use it even though I have bookmarked all the sites found within it.

I was not gloating over the site at all - why would I? Don't know how many times I have to say this but I wanted to draw attention to the RSS News Feeds in particular from Memri Org and Arab News, as both of these sites offer a different perspective with regard to the Middle East; in fact I'm in the middle of reading a lengthy article I found on Memri Org at this very minute.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Malcolm you have misintereted my initial post. I was drawing attention to the top of the site that is hidden away - the 'Media Panel'. It is handy to reveal as it contains RSS News Feeds - a YouTube Video Search Script and a Radio Selection Script. You can view the panel contents directly here ...

http://csensism.org/files/iframehome.html

but ofcourse other aspects of the drop down panel are missing if you do.

The site IS handy as I constantly use it even though I have bookmarked all the sites found within it.

I was not gloating over the site at all - why would I? Don't know how many times I have to say this but I wanted to draw attention to the RSS News Feeds in particular from Memri Org and Arab News, as both of these sites offer a different perspective with regard to the Middle East; in fact I'm in the middle of reading a lengthy article I found on Memri Org at this very minute.
These links are available to anyone on Google, a separate website full of links is not necessary, nor required IMO
I am sorry if I seemed to jump on you, that was not deserved at all and I offer you my apologies.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 04:47 PM

These links are available to anyone on Google, a separate website full of links is not necessary, nor required IMO
I am sorry if I seemed to jump on you, that was not deserved at all and I offer you my apologies.
These links are available but the RSS feeds enable quick viewing of all the available titles, which is much easier (and faster) than visiting the websites themselves - at least I find it so. The Radio Player is pretty useful too.

Apology accepted .
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
So what Malcolm? Is it harming you?
Leave the man alone to do things his own way. Would you like it if someone nit-picked everything you said?
Oooh Mups, never have I seen you so masterful! 
Mind you, I always did fancy having myself a dominatrix.
Are you looking for a position by any chance?
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
These links are available but the RSS feeds enable quick viewing of all the available titles, which is much easier (and faster) than visitiing the websites themselves - at least I find it so. The Radio Player is pretty useful too.

Apology accepted .
Now then you guys.
All we need now is for you to sit down with a beer, and smoke the pipe of peace!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Now then you guys.
All we need now is for you to sit down with a beer, and smoke the pipe of peace!

Having watched the film 'Step Brothers' last eve, I was hoping for a group hug ... AT LEAST !
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2016, 08:07 AM

All this coding malarkey, maths must feel right narked.

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top