Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 06:16 PM

Toasted Vegetable Omelette

Hi everyone, thought I would share this with you although as I am always behind with everything, no doubt most of you vegetarians have probably been eating this for years ! haha.

I was sitting in my SIL kitchen when my young nephew and his girlfriend walked in. (both vegetarians). As usual he was complaining that he was hungry and would we mind if he hustled up a snack for them.
Knowing he is a good cook and forever on the look out for tried and tested recipes for my online index. I asked if he would mind me watching while he cooked!

This is what he got out of the cupboard and the fridge......

2 x SLICES OF BREAD
A BOX OF GRATED CHEDDAR CHEESE
1 EGG
BBQ SAUCE
SPICY KETCHUP
SALT AND PEPPER

First he made an omelette, filled it with vegetables (he used cooked mushrooms, cooked onions, peas and cooked rice with salt and pepper.
He then toasted the slices of bread and spread the BBQ sauce and Spicy Ketchup onto the toast.
When the omelette was cooked he placed it onto the bottom slice of toast and spread grated cheddar cheese over it (A bit too much for my liking for it to be healthy but hey ho) before plonking the top toasted slice of bread over it.
Cut in two, kitchen roll for serviettes and the both of them looked as though they were really enjoying that snack !!

Have any of our vegetarians on here tried this sandwich?
As I say, I am so behind with popular dishes, Is it as nice as it looked?
I may just try it with he who must obey's tomato omelette this weekend but go a bit lighter on the cheese as I say,it didn't look that healthy to me the amount he was putting on. ha ha.

Anywya, if no-one has tried it and would like to, be assured, it made my mouth water it looked so delicious as he dished that sandwich up. Enjoy !
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 07:01 PM

Re: Toasted Vegetable Omelette

Sounds delicious. Will definately have
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 09:30 PM

Re: Toasted Vegetable Omelette

I had an omelette in a crusty roll on holiday once
But I've never had an omelette toastie!
Not sure about all that sauce... could be nice with a bit of brown sauce though!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top