Join for free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 07:18 PM

Contact Tracing on smartphones

One of the ways being suggested for getting us out of lockdown, when the time is right, is that everyone who has a smartphone would have to load the Contact Tracing app controlled by the necessary authorities
Via a permanently live bluetooth connection it automatically sends you an alert if someone you have been in contact with recently has developed covid 19 symptoms.
You are then supposed to get tested yourself and if positive, you have to (as well as self isolate obviously) fill that info on the app and then that, in turn, alerts your recent contacts..
It would mean giving the app permission to use you phone location device of course which means a loss of privacy of sorts.

Would you load it?
COULD you load it? Perhaps some don't own smartphones. Would you accept one if government deemed it necessary for everyone to have one?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 07:21 PM

Re: Contact Tracing on smartphones

Firstly get a smartphone. Don't think the government is going to buy me one and pay the running cost
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 07:27 PM

They said something on the news about helping those over a certain age who may not own one. Perhaps it would be something simpler... to be honest i stopped listening then because it didn't apply to me!!!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 07:35 PM

What about an App that turns all infected folk fluorescent blue?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

22-04-2020, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
What about an App that turns all infected folk fluorescent blue?
Ha! That would be easier Dood for sure!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 08:06 PM

There is absolutely no way that I would make use of such an application (I REFUSE to call them "apps") on my very basic Nokia.

In fact I turn my kiddiephone off when out. The downside is that I can't be contacted when out but I take the view let the buggers wait but the upside is that I leave no trail. When left turned on your cellphone leaves an electronic slime trail even when not in use.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 08:21 PM

I don't have a smartphone either just a basic mobile.
My sister/brother/BIL/SIL don't have one either just basic mobiles like me.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
One of the ways being suggested for getting us out of lockdown, when the time is right, is that everyone who has a smartphone would have to load the Contact Tracing app controlled by the necessary authorities
Via a permanently live bluetooth connection it automatically sends you an alert if someone you have been in contact with recently has developed covid 19 symptoms.
You are then supposed to get tested yourself and if positive, you have to (as well as self isolate obviously) fill that info on the app and then that, in turn, alerts your recent contacts..
It would mean giving the app permission to use you phone location device of course which means a loss of privacy of sorts.

Would you load it?
COULD you load it? Perhaps some don't own smartphones. Would you accept one if government deemed it necessary for everyone to have one?
I'm interested in this as the island has been put forward as a test area in which lockdown rules would be relaxed before mainland UK. From this post about the app, could it be that the object is to actually ensure people contract the virus? The blurb that's being put forward is that everyone here would be tested.........as though that's an advantage.........then you get the app. Anyone who thinks people on the isle of wight would tolerate experimentation should think again - likewise if the islanders can play with the app!!!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
There is absolutely no way that I would make use of such an application (I REFUSE to call them "apps") on my very basic Nokia.

In fact I turn my kiddiephone off when out. The downside is that I can't be contacted when out but I take the view let the buggers wait but the upside is that I leave no trail. When left turned on your cellphone leaves an electronic slime trail even when not in use.
What are you getting up to Todgy??
Worried about blackmail?

Donkeyman! 🤐🤐🤐
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 09:24 PM

Perhaps a chip placed under the skin might be more preferable. It could then be used to pay for stuff and take the place of a passport and driving licence......

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top