Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 09:05 PM

Re: Face mask fashion

I quite often spray the masks with Dettol after use and hang them to dry.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I put more emphasis on thoroughly cleansing my hands before, during and when l leave the supermarket or premises. I do the same when l get home before l touch anything.
I also, thoroughly cleanse the supermarket trolley or basket handles.
It must be working as l haven’t caught the virus... yet*.
What do you keep in your pockets with the mask that you're going to put on your face ..... ?

As for dangling a "spare" mask on a gear stick .....

* You can't know that unless you've been tested:

• A viral test tells you if you have a current infection.
  • An antibody test might tell you if you had a past infection.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I see yours is very close to your eyes, LQ, I found that & when I talked or moved my mouth it hit me in the eyes, not nice at all. Do you find yours does that?
Yes, they move about when you talk, nuisance really. I hate the way my glasses steam up more than anything though.

I've bought a snood, they are better than masks I reckon. Try one of those Tiff x
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 10:43 PM

No, one hangs off the gear stick in my car, that's my spare.
The other is in my pocket ready for action in the supermarket.
It gets washed when l don’t go to the shops.
Same here Arty, one in the car door for regular use, and one in a plastic bag in the glove compartment just in case...

The one in the glove compartment cost me a fiver, but it's made of cotton or something and it makes my face hot, so I wear one of the cheap Tesco ones Blue/White, I think they are for single use but it's about three weeks old now...

I don't think you need a test to tell you that you've caught the virus.....If you feel poorly and can't get out of bed in the morning, your arms and legs feel like lead weights, and you feel crap with a hacking cough, it might be a clue.....
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 10:58 PM

I take my mask in a clean plastic bag (the ones from the chemist that your meds come in).

Come out of the shop, put shopping in boot, spray my hands, take off the mask and put it in the plastic bag.

If I'm going in more than one shop, it's another mask from another clean plastic bag - and repeat

Then go home, spray the shopping, my debit card, the car, the front door handle, my handbag, then wash the masks and plastic bags.

Then get a cuppa
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Yes, they move about when you talk, nuisance really. I hate the way my glasses steam up more than anything though.

I've bought a snood, they are better than masks I reckon. Try one of those Tiff x
I actually folded some of mine down at the top, both sides being careful to avoid interfering with the bridge ridged bit that fits over the nose & I sewed them to make them more shaped. I don't do sewing so this is an amazing thing for me to do. It does work with some, but I still don't like wearing them.
You can buy the more shaped ones too, but the one I did buy cost £15 which I thought rather over the top.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
What do you keep in your pockets with the mask that you're going to put on your face ..... ?

As for dangling a "spare" mask on a gear stick .....

* You can't know that unless you've been tested:

• A viral test tells you if you have a current infection.
  • An antibody test might tell you if you had a past infection.
Good Evening, Sergeant, you don’t mind if l have my solicitor present whilst you take my statement?

There is nothing else in the pocket of my coat, that l have been washing regularly.

Only l use my car. I have taken no other passengers and my mask hangs well away from the knob of the gear stick.

No l haven’t been tested but l have never felt so well. Maybe, this is due to the vitamin filled home cooked food l make from scratch and the vitamin D3 capsules l take.
My blood group, is O Rhesus Negative which l read, is one of the blood groups that offers some protection.

This is my true statement... where do l sign?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Same here Arty, one in the car door for regular use, and one in a plastic bag in the glove compartment just in case...

The one in the glove compartment cost me a fiver, but it's made of cotton or something and it makes my face hot, so I wear one of the cheap Tesco ones Blue/White, I think they are for single use but it's about three weeks old now...

I don't think you need a test to tell you that you've caught the virus.....If you feel poorly and can't get out of bed in the morning, your arms and legs feel like lead weights, and you feel crap with a hacking cough, it might be a clue.....
Foxy, How much? A fiver and it makes your face hot! Maybe the heat is radiating from your famous legs after all that running!!

My trouble is, if l get to the shop and have forgotten to put my mask in, then at least l have one in my car.
Like us, I think many people keep their mask/s in their car.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 12:23 AM

Foxy, How much? A fiver and it makes your face hot! Maybe the heat is radiating from your famous legs after all that running!!

My trouble is, if l get to the shop and have forgotten to put my mask in, then at least l have one in my car.
Like us, I think many people keep their mask/s in their car.
Son does, Daughter does. I don't drive but I have one in each coat's pocket, one in my back-pack & several in the house all in individual plastic bags, after wearing one, that gets put to be washed & another clean one takes it's place from wherever I used it from.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 12:25 AM

Good Evening, Sergeant, you don’t mind if l have my solicitor present whilst you take my statement?

There is nothing else in the pocket of my coat, that l have been washing regularly.

Only l use my car. I have taken no other passengers and my mask hangs well away from the knob of the gear stick.

No l haven’t been tested but l have never felt so well. Maybe, this is due to the vitamin filled home cooked food l make from scratch and the vitamin D3 capsules l take.
My blood group, is O Rhesus Negative which l read, is one of the blood groups that offers some protection.

This is my true statement... where do l sign?
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" .....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top