Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 12:01 PM

Re: Stained glass lamp shade

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I'm gobsmacked JB, are you sure that's not a 'Tiffany' lamp?
Produce those in quantity and you would be quids in, I would certainly pay good money for one of those....
Excellent piece of work....

It puts my metal detector in the shade, so to speak...
Thanks OGF.

No, not a Tiffany lamp, or even a poor copy. His usually featured dragonflies, or so I believe.

The first one I did was a copy of a Tiffany lamp shade, but of course not up to his standards.

The second one and this latest one are in my own 'JBR style'(!), which is simply four flowers separated by leaves. What's good about it is that you don't have to shape every piece of glass to fit all the others leaving no gaps! Obviously, they have to connect for the most part or the thing would fall apart.

My first 'JBR lamp' is hanging from the ceiling next door; my second 'JBR lamp' is, as shown, a standard lamp.

Perhaps one day, copies of 'JBR lamps' will be commonplace and on sale country-wide. Like hell!
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 05:19 PM

Ah, so that's what you have been doing with your Antex 100W and 60:40 solder.

It is absolutely splendid, especially the coloured light and shade that it throws onto the wall. Putting it in a corner has doubled the effects.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 08:40 PM

Thanks Fruitcake.
The only reason we get that projected image on the wall is because I'm using a halogen lamp which provides a point source of light. I earlier tried a fluorescent lamp which is quite a large source of light and, of course, didn't have the effect that Marge seems to like so much.
We have to keep our wives happy!
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Thanks Fruitcake.
The only reason we get that projected image on the wall is because I'm using a halogen lamp which provides a point source of light. I earlier tried a fluorescent lamp which is quite a large source of light and, of course, didn't have the effect that Marge seems to like so much.
We have to keep our wives happy!
Wives? Plural? Does Marge know you have more than one?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by fruitcake ->
wives? Plural? Does marge know you have more than one?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

14-12-2020, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
Wives? Plural? Does Marge know you have more than one?
Shhh! Not a word... please.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 11:34 PM

JBR you are so skilled a beautiful piece .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

14-12-2020, 11:39 PM

Thank you, Muddy. Glad you like it.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 11:01 PM

A fantastic piece of work JBR and you should be proud of that.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-12-2020, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
A fantastic piece of work JBR and you should be proud of that.
Thanks GM.

Hope you and Hazel are keeping well. Marge and I hope you both have a wonderful Christmas.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top