Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 10:39 PM

Re: Stained glass lamp shade

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Do you think you might be interested in doing some glass work? There are plenty of instructional videos online or, better still, a short introductory course locally (hopefully) - that's what I did anyway.

JB, you really inspired me with your lampshade. I've never worked with glass and was really excited at the thought of trying it when drifting off to sleep last night. Really I was!

But, after Youtubing and seeing what's involved, my trigger fingers and lack of strength would protest too much, but more importantly I've no proper working area here. Not even room for a good solid table. How sad is that? It's not the sort of thing I can do on my knees really is it?

But all is not lost, at least you've sparked my brain back into gear (and made me add another bummer to the list of why I made a BIG mistake buying this place).
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
One on it's way after lockdown JB....
Many thanks, OGF.

Er, I only like dark rum and single malt scotch!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
JB, you really inspired me with your lampshade. I've never worked with glass and was really excited at the thought of trying it when drifting off to sleep last night. Really I was!

But, after Youtubing and seeing what's involved, my trigger fingers and lack of strength would protest too much, but more importantly I've no proper working area here. Not even room for a good solid table. How sad is that? It's not the sort of thing I can do on my knees really is it?

But all is not lost, at least you've sparked my brain back into gear (and made me add another bummer to the list of why I made a BIG mistake buying this place).
Oh, you don't need strength. Ah'm nowt but a weakling tha knos.

You'd be surprised what you could do on your knees!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 11:44 PM

Oh, you don't need strength. Ah'm nowt but a weakling tha knos.

You'd be surprised what you could do on your knees!
.. indeed
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 12:03 PM

Many thanks, OGF.

Er, I only like dark rum and single malt scotch!
I'll make a note of that JB....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
.. indeed
Ooooh Missus!......

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top