Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 03:21 PM

Re: It's busy here!

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Didn't you say ages ago, something about one of your daughter's didn't like dogs so you wouldn't be having another one because you like to go and stay with her?
Have you succumbed?

Hardly anyone reputable is breeding now Art, because they can't travel to the stud dogs, and can't have people in to view the puppies, let alone the ridiculous prices!

I've been offered a Beddie pup, but she wants £2,000 and that half the price of some of them.
It can only be pure greed, because it doesn't cost any more this year to feed and raise a litter than it did last year.

Rant over.
Mups, l think you may be muddling facts up here?

I have four daughters, the one who has three young children and isn’t keen on dogs, only lives a short way from me. So l’m not sure why l would be staying there? I used to take my poodle to their house when l visited.
That daughter is not keen on dogs known to be ferocious as a pack of them chased her whilst backpacking in Thailand.

My two younger daughters love dogs but they both live far away. Before the lockdown l used to visit them and took my dog when he was alive.

My fourth daughter lives locally too but l have never stayed there. She doesn’t mind dogs but has three cats.

Or, it may have been when l have had chances to go abroad or to places where they didn’t take dogs and l wouldn’t put any of my pets in boarding kennels.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
OK thanks, offer accepted. However, I don't somehow think a 200-mile drive "to do my shopping" would be quite as acceptable to "the boys in blue"!

In which case I will just have to take your suggestion Artangel and listen to this one. Although the words "cruising along playing my radio" (the freedom to drive) wouldn't apply nowadays:

Thank You Baz, for posting one of my favourite songs!! Do you fancy a dance?
Or you could play your ‘air guitar’!!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
There, there Baz... nice lady in white coat is here to mop your brow

(In full PPE I hasten to add)
Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thank You Baz, for posting one of my favourite songs!! Do you fancy a dance?
I don't know, all these offers – brilliant! Life could be so much more interesting than at present, if only I was allowed out! Perhaps another time, when things are back to as they used to be!

I will not say 'normal' as I don't reckon there is such a thing, even if there was I don't believe we will ever be like that again!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm on coz im on holiday till next Wednesday. Holidaying in Batley!
The Venice of the North, especially with all the flooding.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top