Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 10:10 PM

Re: Apps and Games

WhatsApp - Use it for all my family and friends.
Reminders- all family birthdays are in there, plus brown/green bin days. I also tap in one-time reminders at night of things I don't want to forget to do the next day (increasingly necessary as I get older )
Mobile banking app - in regular use
Files - all my PDF sewing patterns are in there, so I can follow the instructions without having to print them off
BBC Weather app - seems to be the most accurate, checked daily.
Various word games and puzzles, and colour by numbers games.
Toilet finder - if/when the day ever comes that we're allowed to go out and about, this app will once again be a very necessary one for me
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I play all three on Facebook for free.
I don't have Facebook. I did years ago when it first came out, and I played all the games, but then I got bored and came away from it when it got all weird with the privacy.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I don't have Facebook. I did years ago when it first came out, and I played all the games, but then I got bored and came away from it when it got all weird with the privacy.
I've been on FB for years & don't find it weird at all.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 10:55 PM

I've been on FB for years & don't find it weird at all.
Me neither. It's pretty straightforward to set your privacy settings so that only those on your 'friends' list can access certain information. You decide which information they see. Not weird, honestly!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Me neither. It's pretty straightforward to set your privacy settings so that only those on your 'friends' list can access certain information. You decide which information they see. Not weird, honestly!
It is, no problem.
Do you play the games too, Bathsheba?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Are there any Apps or games on your phone and/or computer that you really couldn't do without? Perhaps you are even addicted to them?

I have WordDomination which is like a mini Scrabble, Brain Training, Duolingo (learning more Spanish) and Stop Motion which is an animation app. I have WhatsApp too as my main group or one-to-one chat app.
I have few on my phone which I wouldn't do without

Whatsapp
Fires Near Me (ironic at the moment)
NSW Fuel Prices
BOM Weather
ServiceNSW (Driving Licence, Covid Check in, car rego)
My banking app
Aust Post
Google Keep

and several I could do without but would prefer not to

Centrelink (Pension and Medicare)
Spotify
Live Traffic

I wouldn't go anywhere without my phone.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

22-03-2021, 09:56 AM

It is, no problem.
Do you play the games too, Bathsheba?
I don't play games like angry birds or candy crush, they just don't appeal to me. I play Word Stacks and Wordscapes. and another one called Woodoku, a game where you have to fit various wooden block shapes into the grid (the only resemblance to Sudoku is that it's got 9x9 squares). Apart from those, I currently have a spot the difference one and a hidden objects one. These last ones come and go as I get tired of them and swap them for something new!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 10:07 AM

I don't play games like angry birds or candy crush, they just don't appeal to me. I play Word Stacks and Wordscapes. and another one called Woodoku, a game where you have to fit various wooden block shapes into the grid (the only resemblance to Sudoku is that it's got 9x9 squares). Apart from those, I currently have a spot the difference one and a hidden objects one. These last ones come and go as I get tired of them and swap them for something new!
I have recently got into those hidden object games...not on my phone, but the tablet. I love them
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

22-03-2021, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I have recently got into those hidden object games...not on my phone, but the tablet. I love them
They're kind of addictive aren't they? Some are too easy, but if you find a goodun, it's hard to stop playing. 'Just one more, then I'll go and cook dinner/do the washing up/go out for a walk....'

Bit like OFF really
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

22-03-2021, 10:50 AM

They're kind of addictive aren't they? Some are too easy, but if you find a goodun, it's hard to stop playing. 'Just one more, then I'll go and cook dinner/do the washing up/go out for a walk....'

Bit like OFF really

Oh gosh, absolutely! I'm not even dressed yet and I have an appointment in 30 mins!! I'm gone, I'm away...honest - one more quick check and that it.....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top