Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 01:48 PM

Here's a thing

One of the year 8 pupils at our school brought a Gay Pride flag in to school last week ( don't ask)
During a break time some boys must have grabbed it from her as a joke and ended up jumping up and down on it. One of the boys is known to be a bit of a fighter/troublemaker and was probably the ringleader (I'm making assumptions based on pupil witness accounts). Anyway, they ignored the yells from the group of girl friends to stop and give it back. So then Kelsey (let's call her that to protect her identity) who doesn't take any s*** from anyone, walked up to said ringleader, shoved him and then thumped him a belter across the chops.

I was teaching this boy in the following lesson (which is why I know so much about it). He was clearly hurt and agitated but fair play to him, he hadn't retaliated (normally he would have seen his assailant off without a thought). I gave him timeout to go and explain what had happened to our Deputy Head (let's call him Mr Jones) and he returned a little later in a much improved mood.

My question to you is..
Given that Kelsey is about 5ft 9 with shoulders broad enough to fill a doorway, did the boy do the right thing in not defending himself and shoving or hitting her back?
In these days of apparent equality, would he have been within his rights to do so do you think?

I tried to remain impartial but I did tell him that I thought he had acted bravely and sensibly which is a rare thing to be able to say to him!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 02:12 PM

Re: Here's a thing

Hi

Good for Kelsey, he got what he deserved.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Good for Kelsey, he got what he deserved.
Now why aren't I surprised by your answer Swimmy?!!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 02:47 PM

I admire the boy for his restraint and respect to the girl. I maybe don’t condone his initial action.

I think l might be slightly embarrassed at having a daughter who was an aggressive thug!

Or, are the sexes now reversing with some males being more gentle but some females becoming ‘dead ‘ard’?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

19-06-2021, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I admire the boy for his restraint and respect to the girl. I maybe don’t condone his initial action.

I think l might be slightly embarrassed at having a daughter who was an aggressive thug!

Or, are the sexes now reversing with some males being more gentle but some females becoming ‘dead ‘ard’?
I think we always have had gentle males and dead 'ard females Art! I know I knew which ones to avoid when I was at school!

And in life I suppose!!!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 02:58 PM

interesting point about equality...but it doesn't matter how big the girl is, allowing a boy to hit a girl is never a good idea. You did a good job in praising him for his restraint, but I wonder why he did it in the first place?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 03:03 PM

My guess he was in shock and didn't quite know how to handle the situation.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

19-06-2021, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
interesting point about equality...but it doesn't matter how big the girl is, allowing a boy to hit a girl is never a good idea. You did a good job in praising him for his restraint, but I wonder why he did it in the first place?
Pixie
I can't be completely sure of course but I think he will have snatched the flag and jumped on it to wind the girls up/get their attention rather than to display any homophobic tendencies
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

19-06-2021, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
My guess he was in shock and didn't quite know how to handle the situation.
Yes I think you might be right Dongles!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Yes I think you might be right Dongles!
I know I would be.

I remember having a big argument with my very ex wife. There was no slapping involved but I simply picked her up, dumped her in another room and shut the door on her. Even she had to laugh at that.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top