Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 12:23 PM

Re: Here's a thing

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
did the boy do the right thing in not defending himself
Each one of us can only answer that according to our own moral principles; there isn't a conclusive answer.

I think he did do the right thing, although I think he did the wrong thing to stand on her flag.

I think Kelsey did the wrong thing to punch the boy in the face. For one thing, it was disproportionate; stamping on someone's flag -in my opinion- doesn't warrant physical violence. Also, if Kelsey was relying on her sex to protect her from being punched back, I don't think that was very morally honourable. Whether or not that is the case, only Kelsey will know.

I have a degree in armchair philosophy, btw.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I agree with RS that the flag should have been confiscated prior to it being waved in a playground. Personal politics should be kept out of school.
The op hasn't given enough info on this. For all we know, the school might have been doing some kind of project, in which case the flag would have been highly appropriate.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 12:25 PM

I was informed yesterday that there are 52 different gender identities. It must be really complicated for young minds.
Think of the cost to the tax payer if they all demand their own public toilets.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
The op hasn't given enough info on this. For all we know, the school might have been doing some kind of project, in which case the flag would have been highly appropriate.
Not to be waved around during breaktime.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 12:27 PM

Not to be waved around during breaktime.
We don't know the circumstances, so best not to judge.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

20-06-2021, 12:29 PM

Annie - if you read the op, nowhere is it said that it was being waved about during break.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 12:36 PM

I was informed yesterday that there are 52 different gender identities. It must be really complicated for young minds.

What a load of ancient shoemakers.

There are TWO genders, MALE and FEMALE. Some, very few, are born physically deformed and ALL the rest are ABNORMAL.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
We don't know the circumstances, so best not to judge.
What we DO know is that some great brute gave a boy a brutal punch and walked away. What else is there to know?
Harbal
South Yorkshire

20-06-2021, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
What a load of ancient shoemakers.

There are TWO genders, MALE and FEMALE. Some, very few, are born physically deformed and ALL the rest are ABNORMAL.
Words are only labels for concepts. If our concept of gender only allows two, then two it is. There is nothing to stop us from including as many as we like, though. I would prefer to stick to the hitherto accepted two, and put anything else into a sub-category of one or the other. I don't make the rules, though.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

20-06-2021, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
What we DO know is that some great brute gave a boy a brutal punch and walked away. What else is there to know?
TAT - my comment was in reply to the appropriateness of the flag being brought into school, and whether it was being waved around.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top