Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 12:59 PM

Re: July Snapshot Competition

These are callicarpa berries, growing in our garden (pic from last year because the shrub doesn't berry till the autumn). The blackbirds love to eat these. I've never tried them, but they are edible, and are (apparently) 'mildly sweet and have spicy notes somewhat similar to Asian five spice'.

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 02:19 PM

They look delicious Bathsheba, how come you've never tried them?
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
They look delicious Bathsheba, how come you've never tried them?
Well, to be honest, although most reports are that they are edible and indeed there are recipes online for making a jelly with them, I've also seen other conflicting reports that they can be mildly toxic, so I've always been a bit wary!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Well, to be honest, although most reports are that they are edible and indeed there are recipes online for making a jelly with them, I've also seen other conflicting reports that they can be mildly toxic, so I've always been a bit wary!
'nuff said... 👍
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 03:59 PM

Mahonia Japonica with Himalayan Honeysuckle in the background ...taken just now and changed from the photo bucket shot to this one...

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

04-07-2021, 04:00 PM

Certainly spoils the image Dianne..
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 04:01 PM

Yes.... I could try another storage and just re do
it....cant remember any!
and went to pick more cherries and without realising they are all finished...the cherry cry song is now imprinted
in my brain..
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

04-07-2021, 04:15 PM

Managed to think quickly, re posted it..is that allowed?
Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 04:45 PM

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

04-07-2021, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
Managed to think quickly, re posted it..is that allowed?
Yes Dianne, you can change your posted image in the limited time that the site will allow for editing, but after that you will have to PM myself or the mods to ask if they will delete your unwanted post so that you can post a different one. As long as you have no more than two posted images before the competition ends then there is no problem.

P.S. I use a site called www.imgbb.com which is free and offers quite a good basic service.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top