Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 08:48 PM

Re: Trainers

Originally Posted by Dachs ->
I have got five pairs and need them mainly for running and gardening and also wear them when going for long walks with friends. I also wear them when going shopping making sure I don't get footsore too soon.
Trainers may get smelly if they are worn without socks and if worn for too long and not cared for properly. And I'd venture to say that not everyone has sweaty feet which often are a major reason for smelly trainers.

Quite right Dachs.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pauline, I am not classy at all.... maybe more old-fashioned!!
At home, l love to be in my scruffs. It’s when l am at my most happiest.

I love how you admitted that trainers do smell, you are very brave!
Then again, you are sporty, l am totally not!! My exercise is got in my garden!!

My trainers don’t smell for long because I put them in the washing machine...they come up a treat.

I wouldn’t do that with leather ones.....so I best not buy any leather ones as I was thinking on doing.

I can’t stand stinking trainers or shoes, shoes smell as well....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 01:14 PM

These are my trainers from the outlet at Clarks. Really comfy and easy to take on and off as the laces have elasticated laces with a toggle to pull open/close. I also have two pairs of Asics from when I used to do long distance running (now redundant due to injuries).

But these Clarks ones were so cheap and are so well made. They are used for dog walking and for the supermarket trip. It's very hard to find trainers with this type of fastening. I can't bear shoelaces.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04026.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	16243  
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
My trainers don’t smell for long because I put them in the washing machine...they come up a treat.

I wouldn’t do that with leather ones.....so I best not buy any leather ones as I was thinking on doing.

I can’t stand stinking trainers or shoes, shoes smell as well....

I must say that I have never sniffed my trainers but I don't think they smell. it's the leather courts that I used to wear to the office that would smell sometimes. You end up wearing a shoe with tights day after day then eventually it will be stinky.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 01:40 PM

I'm at my most comfortable in leggings and trainers, I last bought some 4 weeks ago and I paid around £40 for them. Im notvreally into names , if they are comfy then I.ll buy them. I do have a pair of sketchers too , they are expensive but so comfortable.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 01:48 PM

Love my trainers, only ever wear all white ones though. In the winter it's my hiking boots. I only wear my court shoes or my knee high boots if I'm off out someplace. Living on a farm trainers are the way to go.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top