Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 01:07 PM

If ever you needed to warn teenagers of the dangers and term effects of drug misuse

This is quite shocking so I apologise for that
But this is what poor Daniella Westbrook (formerly of Eastenders) has been reduced to.
I don't think she is even 50 yet... very early 50s if she is

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	daniella-westbrook-agora-1-700x394.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	16325  
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 01:08 PM

Re: If ever you needed to warn teenagers of the dangers and term effects of drug misuse

Yep. Burnt her septum out through cocaine usage.
Roj Blake
London,UK
Roj Blake is male 

17-07-2021, 01:37 PM

Re: If ever you needed to warn teenagers of the dangers and term effects of drug misuse

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
This is quite shocking so I apologise for that
But this is what poor Daniella Westbrook (formerly of Eastenders) has been reduced to.
I don't think she is even 50 yet... very early 50s if she is
Hi Rhian
Stuff like this should be shown in schools so kids can see the true face of drug abuse.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 01:37 PM

Oh dear, she looks destroyed, she must be so unhappy, I feel sorry for her m, she made some terrible choices and probably regrets them. This is a case of if only we could turn back time
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 02:06 PM

It's a terrible situation. It's not helped because I've read that there is such a thing as an "addictive personality type" whereby some find it virtually impossible to break away from various addictive activities or drug usage whereas others can just stop.

I am one such. Before graduating I was --- quite relaxed about such things. From banana skins (they don't work!) to anything other than Acid was fair game but the day I graduated I stopped everything other than the occasional good cigar to a bit of booze on occasions. Even THAT I ended some years ago.

But a lot of folk are the polar opposite with the majority in between. Faced with peer pressure and social pressure and of course habit for such folk it ain't easy.

Thankfully my kid is the same as me.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 03:21 PM

I have seen her interviewed many years ago saying she was clean and I dont know if this is an old photo now . I hope she gets the help she needs if she is back on them . I agree show this in the schools show the kids the truth of drug addiction . Just awful
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 03:28 PM

How sad
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 03:39 PM

When we were all, about, 14/15 years old, we used to light up fags (behind the bike sheds) because it seemed so cool to be naughty in our groups of friends.

Parents knew what we were doing because of the stink of tobacco on our clothes & the brown fingers.

Over the years, Lung Cancer has changed all that, helped by price increases, to the point where it's unusual to see anyone smoking.

So what does that leave today's youngsters with, as a way to ne naughty? (have fun!).

We may need a narrative, like the lung cancer one, and a lot bigger penalties for those who deal!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 05:45 PM

I agree that it could help teenagers to understand that drugs may seem good at the time , but there is always a down side to using them.

How sad that she was once a pretty girl yet has now lost good looks & probably the chance to continue as an actress , because she tried drugs!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
When we were all, about, 14/15 years old, we used to light up fags (behind the bike sheds) because it seemed so cool to be naughty in our groups of friends.

Parents knew what we were doing because of the stink of tobacco on our clothes & the brown fingers.

Over the years, Lung Cancer has changed all that, helped by price increases, to the point where it's unusual to see anyone smoking.

So what does that leave today's youngsters with, as a way to ne naughty? (have fun!).

We may need a narrative, like the lung cancer one, and a lot bigger penalties for those who deal!
Having said that, the majority of smokers I've seen of late all seem to be women. Strange that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top