Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 01:57 PM

Finally got the video setup I wanted

so if anyone want to copy or think about, this is what I used

Tripod by PrimaPhoto (cheap but good and sturdy)

Moman Pan head ( Cheap but advantage of short handle so closer to the camcorder and screen)

Nikon SK-7 adjustable bar 9 (bent for a reason and drilled to fit tripod thread and part rubber removed and black hammerite to protect bare metal for longer tripod hread to protrude)

Wireless remote control JJC SR-F2W. (the receiver fitted to bent bar so it doesn't foul the panning)

4 triple A batteries

128GB sandick SD card

Sony FDR-AX53 camcorder

Sony ECM-XYST1M stereo microphone

Gutmann deadcat

Nikon DK-19 eyecup ( Not supplied Sony don't make one for this model)

Sony 55mm end cap (not supplied )

55mm UV filter (to protect the lens)

JJC LCD Hood Shade for 3" Screen

larger batteries than the one supplied

so maybe this will help anyone wanting to do the same type of thing

Not shown

Sony GP-VPT1 pistol grip
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 02:00 PM

Re: Finally got the video setup I wanted

That looks great, RS...can I ask about the batteries though - are they rechargeable? I would hate to be out and about anywhere and the batteries run out. If you have rechargeable ones and a power pack, you could give them a charge while outside. Just a wee thought? Looks a good set up though!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 02:13 PM

The triple A ones are by Eneloop and rechargeable, you won't find a better make

The camcorder ones also rechargeable

Always make sure before any trip you have a good supply of fully charged batteries
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 02:25 PM

I am not into video making, but it looks to be a great set-up. What do you normally use it for? What's that furry thing where the EVF usually is?
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 02:31 PM

All very technical to me realspeed but it looks great! I can’t wait to see what you record
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

24-07-2021, 02:32 PM

it is the Deadcat (wind muffler)

I have posted a few videos on my youtube channel on various subject and places. Also got many more on family I refuse to put up as many have my grandchildren on them

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top