Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 02:15 PM

What are you buying for your christmas dinner

I shall be on my own, most of , if not all of Christmas.

So I do not need a turkey or anything like that. I need something different and tasty to see me through Christmas.

But not costing a fortune.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 02:39 PM

Re: What are you buying for your christmas dinner

Well so far in the freezer we have now a beef joint, a leg of lamb and a couple of chickens, if the meat eaters can make their minds up I will cook one of them. But at the moment we have a bit of a stale mate with no one agreeing.

I know the lady down stairs is going to be on her own we asked if she would like to join us and she is coming for tea as she had planned a capon for herself, she said she did two last year when her mum was with her and they were lovely and very easy to cook.

I think she did an orange sauce with them.

I am planning a nut roast I take half of it to make my roast and the other half I stuff a chicken with. Seems to be popular with my lot.
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 03:12 PM

I cannot remember the last time I saw a capon in the shops-I vaguely remember my dad buying one christmas long time ago. Orange sauce sounds good.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 03:17 PM

I believe she gets her meat from a free range farm on line. I am not sure who but I could ask if you wanted to know.
mariana
Kent. Uk.

07-12-2015, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I believe she gets her meat from a free range farm on line. I am not sure who but I could ask if you wanted to know.
Thank you---I could check that out myself-never really thought of it.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 04:09 PM

Were I on my own and wanting something tasty without breaking the bank then a hand of pork.

Loads of nice crackling and tasty meat-and plenty left for the next day with some pickles.
mariana
Kent. Uk.

07-12-2015, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Were I on my own and wanting something tasty without breaking the bank then a hand of pork.

Loads of nice crackling and tasty meat-and plenty left for the next day with some pickles.
That sounds lovely--its ages since i had pork. I will look in sainsburys on wednesday.

i checked out the capons--but they were out of my price range--more than half my weekly budget--even for Christmas I could not justify that.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 05:06 PM

But do try to get a `hand`---it`s a bit fatty but so sweet and cheaper than leg or loin
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 05:25 PM

We have a beef joint a gammon joint and a turkey .... That's a lot of eating for the two of us .... But we are dedicated and will gorge our way into 2016 with the help of lots of wine, port, sherry, whisky, gin and our special treat at this time of year...Cointreau
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 05:35 PM

We will only buy a small Turkey for Christmas Day and Boxing Day as it will just be my Husband and I over Christmas, any leftovers will be a curry.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top