Join for free
Page 17 of 18 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 08:30 PM

Re: Makeup can age the skin

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I don't think I would describe him as 'cute', he is a lot taller than me. Some years ago, when he was much younger, he made this observation when I was writing using a biro, "Granny I suppose you used a quill pen when you were young?"
Oh they get tall fast, those boys, I can remember when my son could rest his elbow on my mom's head to have his picture taken as to how tall he was. Of course my mom was only 4'11".

A quill pen, hahahaha, that is a good one.....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 08:34 PM

I think I have been fortunate having spent so much time in the when young. Here is another frightening photo of yours truly taken a few minutes ago.
You have a "perfect" oval shaped face Tara, and your skin is beautiful....I don't see any wrinkles at all...
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

23-09-2018, 08:36 PM

I think you are jealous of my wonderful looks.
Oh, you two are a hoot! I have to laugh every time I see you guys taking pokes at each other, I think you love it....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

23-09-2018, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
All I can say is, if anybody has spent their young lives worrying about what their skin will look like as they get old, I feel sorry for them.
Surely life is for living & not making sure you still look young when you get old.
I agree Twinks, I don't think I even thought about my skin until I turned about 70, then I started noticing the wrinkles and my fat neck, and I have two bald spots at each side of my forehead.....then I thought "oh heck, I am falling apart",
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

23-09-2018, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Bit like rings on a tree trunk?
Morty, in my family, we all have these long fat necks. I think they are called turkey necks. Oh they are ugly. That is the one thing I can't stand about myself. I can accept most other things, but the bloody neck pisses me off, and I don't like wearing high collars, so I cannot even hide it.

My brother who died, had a worse one than me.....but I am the worst of the girls in the family..we get this from our father's side of the family. My mom had a nice neck.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

23-09-2018, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
It must be nice to be told you look younger than you are when you are old though lol . Its not always about worrying what the skin will look like, more protecting yourself from the likes of skin cancer, everyone knows what damage the skin does other than causing shrivelled skin.
I have noticed lately, that all the young people tell us we don't look our age. At first I believed them, now I think they are just trying to make us feel better....hahaha
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I have noticed lately, that all the young people tell us we don't look our age. At first I believed them, now I think they are just trying to make us feel better....hahaha
Nar, go with the notion they are telling the truth
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

23-09-2018, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Nar, go with the notion they are telling the truth
Yes Lion, I should eh? Thanks friend.....(you always have something nice to say to me and you never ignore me..thanks)
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Im sat here looking at wedding photos and you know something, us oldies no longer look our age

Im looking at my deceased MIL who would have been older then me now, and OMG, she's dressed like the Queen Mum

Im just back from my Nephews wedding and I said OMG his mum is looking middle aged, and she's close to 70 so I suppose she should be, but it was a bit of a shock cos usually we are in jeans and tee shirts and just being muckers
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

23-09-2018, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Im sat here looking at wedding photos and you know something, us oldies no longer look our age

Im looking at my deceased MIL who would have been older then me now, and OMG, she's dressed like the Queen Mum

Im just back from my Nephews wedding and I said OMG his mum is looking middle aged, and she's close to 70 so I suppose she should be, but it was a bit of a shock cos usually we are in jeans and tee shirts and just being muckers
Missy, isn't it funny, no matter how old we get, we don't feel like that age. I am 76 in December, and I feel like I am only 66.....I dress young, I act young, I can do most things, even tho I am in a lot of pain sometimes.

I wonder if it is like you say, we are looking younger than those before us.

Page 17 of 18 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top