Join for free
Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2009, 08:43 PM

Re: Blood pressure

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I worked in a doctors office (stressful enough!) so got it read regularly; but mine too was always up when going to see my doctor!
That's the white coat syndrome DM, doctors always allow for that, . . I'm the same too, . . every time I see a doctor now I get in a rage.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2009, 09:33 PM

nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2009, 10:50 AM

I'm on my way, . . . it's 157/93 this morning, . . however, this could change, I have an appointment with him on Wednesday, . . what's the bet it rockets back up when I loose my temper with him.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2009, 02:25 PM

Denis, why not print out a letter and hand it to him as you are going out. You can tell him to read later but keep the appt. on your BP which is more important right now. Just an idea but you know best.
nero
Central Scotland

02-11-2009, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by buzzie ->
Denis, why not print out a letter and hand it to him as you are going out. You can tell him to read later but keep the appt. on your BP which is more important right now. Just an idea but you know best.
Don't think he can read Joan, . . anyways, I want to give him the test tube don't I.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2009, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Don't think he can read Joan, . . anyways, I want to give him the test tube don't I.
Oh, I thought you were giving him the picture. That's right he can't read
nero
Central Scotland

05-11-2009, 03:44 PM

Went to the docs earlier and it was Lindsey I saw, she's the nurse I've seen 6 times about the infected finger BTW.

She asked how I was and I told her I had no more faith in the medical profession.
Her jaw dropped, . . I then whipped out the test tube with the item I'd extracted from my finger 2 weeks ago and started to explain how I pulled it out, she said . . "oh don't tell me, I'm feeling queezy", . . I told her to look away, then I said . . "Lindsey, . . you're about to stick a needle in my arm to take blood my dear", . . she said, . . "I know but I don't like people describing things like that ".

Anyways, . . the blood sample is to check my liver and kidney function, it seems Lisinopril can do them damage.

Tomorrow is another day however, . . I have an appointment with a new doctor in the practice, . . she's a lady doctor, . I'll say, . . "excuse me while I whip this out". . then show her the test tube, . hmm, . . she'll probably faint.
buzzie
USA

05-11-2009, 03:49 PM

blood work should be done before you go on any bp meds to see how your kidneys and liver are functioning signed Dr. Buzzie and then after also. Well at least you are getting the after.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2009, 05:51 PM

I'm surprised at the nurse's reaction! The ones I've worked with were as cool as cucumbers and tough as nails ( note to self: put that in the Expressions thread!) and wouldn't have been fazed at all. I'm awaiting the doctor's reaction with interest .....
nero
Central Scotland

06-11-2009, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I'm awaiting the doctor's reaction with interest .....
Do you mean when I say, . "excuse me while I whip this out", . . or the contents of the test tube.

Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top