Join for free
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 04:40 PM

Thought this might brighten a few days.

I first heard this some 30+ years ago, (maybe even nearer 40?) when the then Labour government, in an attempt to reduce the 'visible' unemployment figures, created something known as TOPS (forget what it stood for) and sent everyone who had been unemployed for over 6 months on a course (Irony was that I had a good job at a local Rose Hybridist's until Labour introduced 'cost of living rises and created vast numbers of unemployed because small businesses could no longer afford their wages - ho-hum). Anyway, despite the fact that at the time had been employed as a Secretary/PA the local Job Centre insisted on sending me to the local college for 'retraining' as - wait for it - a secretary?? Anyway on the last day our English tutor played this for us, and by the finish most of us were on the floor crying and in pain.

Hopefully it is as funny now as it was then.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=zZUJL...%3DzZUJLO6lMhI
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 06:31 PM

Re: Thought this might brighten a few days.

Being a bricklayer myself I remember being told this tale from my night school days and yes, it was for me as funny now as it was then, a salutory tale if ever there was one...

Many thanks for posting Daisymay...

p.s. the link didn't work for me, but this one should...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top