Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Wanda
High Peak, Derbyshire, UK
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2010, 08:14 PM

Devastating News About My Lovely Sadie

Today I got the most devastating news about my little 3-legged dog, Sadie.

She has cancer of the liver.

She has lots of little tumours all over her liver. The Vet says that this is better than having a massive tumour in one place on her liver, as it enables the liver to continue working, albeit on a reduced level ,so she is not in pain, just a little discomfort, which we should be able to deal with.

There is no cure - so she is dying. It's just that we do not know how long she has. It could be days, weeks, months or even a year. I will not let her suffer, so when the time comes I pray that I will be strong enough to immediately and with no prevarication take her to be pts.

Until that time comes, I will love and care for her. She will be on medication and a special diet. As I write this she is at the vets on a drip, being "flushed out", which, hopefully, will get rid of any toxins that have built up due to the reduced function of the liver.

I cannot tell you how sad I am to be losing my sweet, gentle, timid little girl. I have known for some time that something was wrong with her, but other things kept getting in the way of the truth, for example a huge abscess behind her tooth, then a huge ulcer in her eye which wouldn't heal. But deep, deep down within my soul I knew that there was something seriously wrong with her, but I'm afraid I was a coward, and didn't want to dig too deep. However, I do have to say that at no time has she been in pain. The most she has suffered is a little dis-comfort.

Sorry if this is a bit longwinded, but I needed to get it off my chest.

Thanks for reading.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2010, 08:54 PM

Re: Devastating News About My Lovely Sadie

Sorry to hear that Wanda hope the vets can help her in some way. xx
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2010, 09:28 PM

So sorry to hear your sad news ... Keep brave for the little one..
My thoughts are with you ... Sue
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2010, 09:52 PM

I am so sorry to hear your sad news, I will be thinking of you and Sadie. I lost Moet to liver cancer too.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2010, 10:28 PM

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news, Wanda

Thinking of you both...
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2010, 10:51 PM

So sorry to hear your sad news Wanda. Really hoping the treatment she is receiving now will help her. I too lost a labrador to liver cancer so I understand what you are going through. Please try to stay strong and thoughts are with you both.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2010, 11:46 PM

So very sorry to read this.....thought with you....x
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2010, 12:59 AM

Wanda, I am so sorry to hear your sad news. They are family aren't they and it breaks our heart to see them sick. I am so glad she is not in pain and pray that the vets can help and keep her comfortable.

Wish I was there so I could give you and Sadie a big hug. Joan
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2010, 01:31 AM

Poor little Sadie so sorry Wanda (hugs) x
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2010, 10:10 AM

I'm so sorry to hear this.
Are these secondaries from a cancer which cost her her leg, or was that lost in an accident?
No matter - she's still poorly.

Love her while you can and let her go when it is necessary and you are able; humans with liver problems say it is very uncomfortable.

x

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top