Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Wanda
High Peak, Derbyshire, UK
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2010, 09:37 PM

Re: Devastating News About My Lovely Sadie

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
You have saved her once and if it weren`t for that she wouldn`t be surrounded by love now. I hope the days she has left are happy ones.
x
Thank you so much.

Everyone is being so kind.
windhound
Surrey,UK
windhound is female 

22-02-2010, 10:52 PM

Wanda,am feeling for you and your little Sadie,it is never easy,they are so much part of our lives and so very special. Lots of hugs for you both.Sue
Wanda
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2010, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by windhound ->
Wanda,am feeling for you and your little Sadie,it is never easy,they are so much part of our lives and so very special. Lots of hugs for you both.Sue
Thank you!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2010, 03:13 AM

I just caught up with this, I'm so sorry, Wanda An awful start in life, but years of nothing but love and care from you. I hope the vet can keep her discomfort at bay as long as possible, (((hugs)))
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2010, 11:20 AM

Aw so sorry to hear that about wee Sadie. I do hope she continues for a long time to come - she sounds that she is a wee fighter, bless her.

Big hugs from me and doggy licks from Loki.

Hugs to you as well.

Take care.
Wanda

23-02-2010, 07:49 PM

I really am so grateful to you all for your support.

The vet has put her on steroids for an initial period of five days, to see if we can jump start her appetite a bit. She is very fussy (but then again, on the QT, she always has been!). She has been on them for two days now, and they do actually seem to have had some effect, so I have to let vet know. He may put her on them permanently if they make her feel better. I know steroids can be harmful, but in her case that really isn't an issue, and if they make her feel good, well, why not?
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2010, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Wanda ->
I really am so grateful to you all for your support.

The vet has put her on steroids for an initial period of five days, to see if we can jump start her appetite a bit. She is very fussy (but then again, on the QT, she always has been!). She has been on them for two days now, and they do actually seem to have had some effect, so I have to let vet know. He may put her on them permanently if they make her feel better. I know steroids can be harmful, but in her case that really isn't an issue, and if they make her feel good, well, why not?
Steroids can and do make such a difference. As you say Wanda, if she has to go on them permanently then why not. If they help her and improve her quality of life then I would go for it as well. Who knows, you may be able to reduce the dose eventually. Take care and give Sadie a stroke from me.
Wanda

24-02-2010, 07:29 PM

My thoughts entirely Merz.

As far as I am concerned, she can have anything at all if it helps her, even when it comes to food. She has even had some wet cat food, just to keep her eating. As the Vet says, anything is better than nothing.
bongolier
New Member!
bongolier is male 

28-03-2010, 01:05 PM

Hi there,

We sort of know what you are going through. One of our girls Molly, has developed Chronic Renal Failure (CRF) and the vet told us that it is fatal. After some tests, she phoned and said that Molly only had 2 days to live.

This was 10 days ago and I'm just back from taking Molly and her sister a walk. There is no doubt she is very poorly and we are not out of the woods by any means.

When we were told the news, we immediately scoured the internet to see if anyone has the same problem and how they dealt with it.

I suggest you do the same, there are many doggie forums out there which have many members and are more than willing to help.

If you feel there is nothing you can do medically, see if you can find someone who has gone through the same thing. A problem shared is a problem halved.

The only thing I can suggest is that you make Sadie's time as comfy as possible. Give her lots of cuddles and all the things she likes.

I hope this helps a little bit. We are sending positive thoughts for Sadie.
WendySylvia
New Member!
Poole Dorset
WendySylvia is female 

28-03-2010, 04:01 PM

Hello I am so sorry to hear about your doggies liver cancer , I know how devastating losing a dog is, it breaks your heart, may I wish you and your dog, peace and love

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top